Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Media Engineering - points likely to drop?

• 26-02-2008 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭

Being woefully dyspraxic I managed to get a massive 305 points in the LC, never went to college and somewhat regret it, had applied for DME and didn't get it but the points appear to have been falling consistently recently. Its currently 310...

Based on numbers, demand, etc, does it look like it might fall again? I'm still too young to do the mature route in and I seem to have the other bases covered requirements wise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Diarmaid07

If you have dyspraxia (that's a weak form of dyslexia right?) you may be able to get into a course on lesser points. Contact DCU and see what they can do for you.. I think our career guidance teacher mentioned this to a fellow in my class.

I'm not positive put it's worth a shot!

~D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its not exactly the same but its along the same lines...

I did think of getting in touch with the access office, but considering it took a good four years to convince Education to give me the Irish waiver back in school, I wasn't sure it'd be worth it. Can't hurt to try though, can it? (has visions of an evil access officer with a cattle prod...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

U may need honours maths too??

If you haven't done honours there usually an exam(s) at the end of summer for ppl who didnt get their honours maths...so you might need to check that out too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I'm doing electronic Engineering in DCU and when I started we all got put into
    the "common entry" class which is common to EE, DME and ME (Mechatronic Eng).

Have a look to see what the points are for Electronic Engineering and find out
    if it is still possible to change course then before you go into second year.

Advertisement