Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audiosurf - Ride Your Music

Options
  • 26-02-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭

Original Post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055243099:
    Me! wrote:
    http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=12900&l=unknown&cc=IE

Here's an interesting Game.

0000003581.800x600.jpg

Audiosurf is an all-reflexes 'racing' game, where the track is generated from any music file you plug into it.

For instance, the slope of any track is determined by the overall speed and tempo of the track. Slow sections are uphill, while insane riffs are fast and downhill. Harmonics and Overtones determine turns, banks and even corkscrews.

Here you can watch the game in action:

Here is Mono Gameplay version: colect matches of 3 or more, while avoiding the grey blocks. This is the most insane song I have seen played on it yet.

Here is ColorMatch gameplay. Hotter colors are worth more points. Like Tetris, avoid overfilling.

and of course: not STRICTLY limited to "music" **Warning: turn down your volume a wee bit**

There are 3 difficulties, and each has their own set of characters. For example, there are 3 Monoplay characters, several multicolor characters. In the video for bohemian rhapsody is the pusher: left and right clicks push collected blocks over by 1 column. Another interesting version is Double: where one car is controlled with the keyboard, and one is controlled with the mouse. Good for 2 players or the extremely ambidextrous. Rumour has it there will be multiplayer Co-Op mode in a future release this way.

After you've completed your track your score is submitted into the global database were it is pitted against the world and your neighbouring IP adresses.

The game will accept all major audio formats, such as mp3, wma, m4a, and audio CDs. at this time however files with DRM protection are not playable - though I imagine thats not a big issue for most people.

For 8 Euros after sales tax, this game is completely worth it.

The demo is available on Steam now and includes the Orange Box Soundtrack which is extractable, so I laugh at anyone who paid money to listen to the Still Alive song:

Most fun I've had all week :)

Advertisement