Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a nice restarant near Howl at the Moon

Options
  • 26-02-2008 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Any reccommendations for a nice restaurant near howl at the moon, lower mount st. Bearing in mind, I'd prefer it being close and it not involve much walking.

Preferences would be Thai but not essential

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Dobbins is just up the side alley from Howl at the Moon or Chai Yo on Baggot Street.

Dobbins is lovely but Chai Yo is thai, it would be about a 7 min. walk from HM, across the road from the big BOI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

irishbird wrote: »

Dobbins is lovely

Is the air conditioning working now? Last time I was there I was sweating like a pig.

OP across the canal (so not that far) is the The Old Schoolhouse which can be quite nice. Other than that you're looking at Merrion Row (I wouldn't recommend Bang, Hugo's or The Unicorn), maybe Pearl Brasserie or ely at the far side of Merrion Square or Chai Yo (bit closer to Howl at the Moon) as irishbird suggested

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

jdivision wrote: »
    Is the air conditioning working now? Last time I was there I was sweating like a pig.

it was fine when i was there just before christmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Dobbins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If your preference is Thai then it has to be Chai Yo. It's a straight walk up the lanes from Mount st to Baggot st. You'll get a nice sing song too. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chai+yo

mapqh2.jpg
    http://www.dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/jsp/content/start.do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

thanks for the replies might give chai yo a go cheers !!

Advertisement