Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bbc radio in Dublin

• 26-02-2008 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

I can pick up BBC Radio One the odd time in Dublin but is there any way of tuning it in from the Fairview area?

I do have Magnet but I don't think I can link the radio stations from that to my sound system so I'd like to ideally tune it into the radio tuner.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

Wheels wrote: »
    I can pick up BBC Radio One the odd time in Dublin but is there any way of tuning it in from the Fairview area?

I do have Magnet but I don't think I can link the radio stations from that to my sound system so I'd like to ideally tune it into the radio tuner.

You can get it by hooking up to NTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Radio Mad. wrote: »
    You can get it by hooking up to NTL

As I said in the above message I have Magnet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

short of getting an external Ariel, I don't think so. There's a spot on lower Gardiner street where it comes in loud and clear for about 10m and then goes again, I always wonder about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Antenna

tbh wrote: »
    . There's a spot on lower Gardiner street where it comes in loud and clear for about 10m and then goes again, I always wonder about that.

probably leakage from NTL cable (it carries FM radio in Dublin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

If you have wireless you could buy an internet radio, e.g. LOGIK IR100 in Currys, and this will give you access to BBC1 and thousands of other stations. Sound quality is not as good, but reception is clear as a bell unless of course there is a net or router problem. I have one since last summer and think it is great, and a couple of mates have bought them after seeing it which is about as good a recommendation as you'll get. There are other models available, and Peats have some higher spec (or just nicer looking) models.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Doesn't have to be wireless, you just need a router to hook to the modem I think

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

mike65 wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be wireless, you just need a router to hook to the modem I think

Mike.

Maybe some of them can work by direct link, but the LOGIK IR100 has to have a wireless connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

be careful when ur looking at different models though cause BBC output a lot of their radio stream in Realaudio format which a lot of these devices can't handle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

LOGIK IR100 in Currys.

How much do they cost? Are there other shops in Dublin selling internet radios? what kind of money?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Currys, Dixons and PC World. Any DSG group store.

As discussed here.

Very limited stock at this stage, it appears to be discontinued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's a fantastic piece of equipment though, if you can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RADIODUDE

I think we shud gets BBC radio 1 and 2 on radio over here they are great and we get bbc 1 and 2 television over here witch everyone has someting they watch on it chris moyles would be so popular over here in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dwsteve

Anyone know how I can listen to the footy commentary live. When I try to access this using internet and/or Real Player it knows I am outside of UK and I am denied.

I read somewhere that the possible use of a internet open proxy might help but I tried to set one up and it failed also.

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dwsteve wrote: »
    Anyone know how I can listen to the footy commentary live. When I try to access this using internet and/or Real Player it knows I am outside of UK and I am denied.

I read somewhere that the possible use of a internet open proxy might help but I tried to set one up and it failed also.

TIA
    Newstalk often use the BBC 5 Stream on Sunday Afternoons.

They are today for the Liverpool match, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

Today FM have some as well (I think). Other than that, go to a website like http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html and get a UK proxy. It's pretty tedious though cause they're often dead within minutes of being posted up but you do get the odd one that can last for months (I'd post one but I don't have any working ones at the mo!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 andmoreagain

I bought a satellite dish in Aldi for 79.99 and can pick up all BBC radio and TV stations from the Astra sat as well as all the other free stations (ITV, Sky News Classic FM etc). The BBC even has Radio 5 and 6. Best few quid I ever spent.

Advertisement