Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta Cup - Starts Tuesday Night

• 26-02-2008 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Drogs vs Cliftonville Live on Setanta Ireland
    Dungannon vs Cork City

Another Setanta Cup begins with Cliftonville making their debut tomorrow. They are the "footballing" team of the north apparently so it will be interesting to see how they do.

Overall I expect the League of Ireland teams to dominate again unless their has been a dramatic improvement in the ability and attitude of the some of the northern teams.

2 Groups

Group 1
    Pats
    Derry
    Linfield
    Glentoran

Group 2

Drogheda
    Cork City
    Cliftonville
    Dungannon Swifts

My picks to qualify in bold. Putting forward the Glens as they look to have 2 good forwards and hopefully a change of attitude this season.

Predictions tomorrow.

Drogs 2-0 Cliftonville
    Dungannon 1-3 Cork City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i'm really looking forward to the Drogs and Cliftonville match. Cliftonville look as good, if not better than Linfield this season so i think they will give the Drogs a serious run for their money tonight

i'm going with Derry and Linfield to get out of group 1 and Drogheda and Cliftonville to qualify from the other group but with the group stages lasting until next September/October the composition of the squads could be dramatically changed by them so it is hard to judge who has the edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Latest

Drogheda 0 - 0 Cliftonville

Dungannon 0 - 2 Cork City

George with 2 goals:)

Great match between Drogs and Cliftonville. Action all the way to the final whistle.

Full Times...

Drogheda 3 - 2 Cliftonvillie

Dungannon 0 - 2 Cork City:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Very good advert for the competition in Drogheda tonight, good to watch. Georgie porgie seemed to do the trick up north for Cork too. The LoI dominates again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who scored for the village people?

• Advertisement

Georgie got 2 goals.;

Very impressive performance by all accounts.

Good start for Matthews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

All of this pales in significance to the happenings in Dalymount last night.

Neale Fenn scored a goal!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What score was that friendly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Drogs first goal was very very soft. Marking anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Drogs game was decent, sadly tho i can see them getting better.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

bohsman wrote: »
    All of this pales in significance to the happenings in Dalymount last night.

Neale Fenn scored a goal!!!!

Well we beat Beggsboro':p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

DesF wrote: »
    What score was that friendly?

1-1.

Advertisement