Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BCA Car Auctions

Options
  • 26-02-2008 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Has anyone bought a car from BCA Car auctions. What are the procedures. Can you just arrive in off the street, buy a catalogue, pay your deposit and bid ? Also can you take the car straight home and have the paperwork sent to your address in good old Ireland ?? Any advice would be much appreciated. I had a look a couple of times at Merlin in Dublin and anything decent was expensive enough. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Yep, I've bought from them. You can go directly to the auction and buy the catalog in the same way as Merlin. However presuming you want to collect the car on the same day you either need to bring cash or a bank draft. According to their site they will accept Irish (sterling) bank drafts but when I done this I had to go through a bit of a pocess on the morning of the auction whereby the head guy had to contact my bank and the bank fax a confirmation that I (and the draft) were legit (and the bank would guarantee the draft) before they would let me bid. As long as you have nice bank manager you will be ok! (mind you, I can't guarantee this will work in all the BCA centres, you're as well to ring in advance if possible and sort all this out).

I brought a draft for a maximum amount that I was going to bid, the actual sale price was less but BCA send you a cheque in a few weeks for the difference. Its a difficult enough process but I found it more than worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mkem

Thanks for that cbyrne. Which auction house did you purchase at and what kind of savings are to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Can't remember the name, but it was south west of London near reading area. I went to a Lex Convertible auction (so it was all convertibles!), seem to be good value to be had but as I wanted to buy and get out and head to ferry I really had to buy in the first batch of cars, no doubt if I'd been able to wait till mid way or the end there might have been even better value. Cars all looked in mint condition though, far more impressive than some of the rubbish that turns up at the auctions here. Hope to do the same this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mkem

Thanks for that cbyrne, I'll probably give a trip over in the next couple of weeks. Will update you when I purchase over there.

Advertisement