Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How soon before you felt pregnant?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Heya Guys!

I was just wondering how long you were actually pregnant before you actually started to "feel" pregnant? did it come on you very quickly, or did it take a few weeks before you actually felt like you were pregnant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

For me, it took several weeks. Other than a huge apettite, I had no pregnancy symptoms until about week 6 or 7, and even then my nausea was very mild. Mentally, I "felt" pregnant after our first scan at 7 weeks 2 days, but physically, I really didn't feel pregnant until about 12 weeks when I started to have a litle belly (not one others would notice, but one I could see).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

If you're asking when I thought I was pregnant, I'd have to say I knew something was up even before I missed a period. My boobs hurt and I had to pee a lot...I had a sneeking suspicion, and my google hunts confirmed that these could be preg symptoms, so I got a test. I was actually so sure I was pregnant that I would've been really peeved had the test not confirmed it.

Now, if you're asking when I "felt" pregnant (ie: when I mentally came to terms with what my body already knew) I'd say it took awhile longer. I was obsessed with the pregnancy from the start and couldn't read enough about what was happening week by week (until I realized too much info can be counter-productive). But I think I agree with silja when I say that I really "felt" pregnant when I could see a bit of a bump. I didn't have a scan until 21 weeks, long after I started feeling the kicks, but even seeing my dd on screen for the first time was an awesome experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

With my first I started to feel different the day before my period was due but with my second it took maybe another 2 weeks before I felt any different. With both I didn't quite believe it until I saw them on the scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I dunno if I could say I "felt" pregnant, but I "knew" I was, IYKWIM.

I just knew there was something going on. My period wasn't due for another 3 days or so, but I just knew that I was pregnant. I remember saying to my Mam "I'm pregnant, I haven't done a test or anything, but I'm pregnant". She told me not to be silly, but to do a test anyways. I did it, and lo and behold, I was. I had sore boobs and nausea very early on, and was going to the loo every half hour. I think the sore boobs were the red flag for me - I never get sore boobs, not even when my period is coming. They were so tender that I couldn't keep my arms by my sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I had an ectopic pregnancy (they had to remove a tube), then tried for a baby for 6 years with no luck. Then when I gave up hope, it happened. (Thank God) Because of the previous ectopic I was warned to get a scan straight away if I ever got pregnant again. For me I get nauseous very early, so went for a few scans*, and I was about a week pregnant. So for me, it was then. It was a loooong pregnancy!

*Mind you they couldn't see anything on the scan, I was showing up pregnant with tests, but the scan wasn't picking up anything. I was told I had miscarried, or was in the proccess miscarrying and sent home. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

For me i felt pregnant from the start, i never had any morning sickness or anything like that but i just felt pregnant..even more so when the bump started to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

The nausea (if any) only usually kicks in at around 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I was pregnant maybe two weeks when i started to think something was up, didnt feel myself, very faint and nauseous, I done a test then a week later about 5 days before i was due my period and it was positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Redpunto wrote: »
    The nausea (if any) only usually kicks in at around 6 weeks.

That isn't 100% true. Some women will report nausea in the first month of pregnancy, some in the first few days after implantation would have occurred. I know that I had nausea before I ever got a positive pregnancy test and it continued throughout the duration of the pregnancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

My mother always knows when im pregnant. She says "the eyes are the give away" i take it i looked tired. As for feeling, i had terrible cramps just like my period was due. So i never really expected to be.

First time round i went to the doctor, feeling generally unwell, sick temperature etc. Came out with a long prescription and went to my moms house for sympathy. She instantly said your not sick ffs, you're pregnant :eek:.

Tbh i thought she was off her rocker as i was killed with cramps and after having such a busy summer didint exactly remember having met my husband in the hallway let alone in the bed :D. Sister had a spare test, hey presto ..pregnant. Thrilled, but glad i hadint taken any of the medication. Rang doc, and he laughed...fair play to my mother he said.

So as for feeling pregnant...i suppose miserable and ill even before period was due. Same every time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement