Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best looking saloon/coupe

Options
  • 26-02-2008 3:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Me and some friends got in some huge arguments about this
    what do you think which is the best reasonably priced looking saloon and best reasonably priced looking coupe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Peugeot 407 saloon looks great i think. The coupe is ok, but nothing special, not like the 406 coupe was compared to the 406 saloon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

By FAR the best looking saloon on the market today is the Alfa 159. I'm not sure about the best looking coupe, well, not a reasonably priced one. I'm not all that keen on the new 3-series coupe. Looks good, but nothing rememberable. A5 is getting dated already. Brera is very nice, but something a little not quite right about it. Anything above that level is not reasonably priced any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

The E46 coupe is one of the best looking cars on the road imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

My 2 cents worth...

Best looking Saloon : NEW FORD MONDEO
    news_ford20207.jpg

Best Looking Coupe (All be it FAR from reasonably priced) : NEW AUDI R8
    audi_r8.jpg

Best Looking Kind of Reasonably Priced Coupe : New BMW 3 Series
    bmwcoupe.jpg

My 2 cents worth...

Best looking Saloon : NEW FORD MONDEO
    news_ford20207.jpg

Best Looking Coupe (all be it far from reasonably priced): NEW AUDI R8
    audi_r8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The Alfa 159, although better-looking than most, is still not a patch on the 156.

LarWright: Best-looking saloon?? That's not even the best-looking Mondeo!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

depends on what you mean by "reasonably priced" and we are talking about new cars

Alfa 159 is best looking saloon IMO but hasn't managed to outlook its predecessor

Plenty of great looking coupes out there right now. I like the new 3 series but prefer the A5. My own "personal" favourite is the Alfa GT

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

imo its the Alfa Romeo 159 that takes 1st prize :D

SIMG7460.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

best looking saloon - Audi A4 , 3series sport (mtec kit), Mazda 6.

best looking affordable coupé - Mazda RX-8 - not contest

Whoever said e92 3 series coupe are you joking? - that has to be the most bland and akward looking coupe besides the A5 ... it already looks dated like something from the late 90's ... even the e46 was a much nicer design!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Best Looking Coupe without doubt is the Alfa GT but then I'm biased

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

If you define "resonibly priced" as "average person can afford" then you can't really look beyond the Alfa range, just a shame they lost the "hidden" handles on the back doors.

And LarWright - have you seen the new mondeo? Esp from teh rear?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Hotwheels wrote: »
    imo its the Alfa Romeo 159 that takes 1st prize :D

SIMG7460.JPG

I can top that:;)
    00002738_original.jpg
    Volvo s40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

car_photo_222050_7.jpg

The standard saloon is an excellant looking car as well!

As for best looking coupe, just follow the link below!:p

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Whoever said e92 3 series coupe are you joking? - that has to be the most bland and akward looking coupe besides the A5 ...

just as well we are all entitled to our opinions then...

You think the A4 & Mazda 6 are nicer than the 159????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Someone reckons Volvo styling tops Alfa Romeo? Like Bertie Bassett says - it takes all sorts....

C_Breeze wrote: »
    best looking saloon - Audi A4 , 3series sport (mtec kit), Mazda 6.

best looking affordable coupé - Mazda RX-8 - not contest

Whoever said e92 3 series coupe are you joking? - that has to be the most bland and akward looking coupe besides the A5 ... it already looks dated like something from the late 90's ... even the e46 was a much nicer design!

The E46 was nothing exceptional either.
    I suppose the Alfa GT is probably the best looking coupe for reasonable money. 406 Coupe were a fantastic design, they still look good today.

Is it restricted to cars on sale today? And what's reasonable price?
    I think it can be finalised by anyone who has an ounce of artistic appreciation that the 159 is the best looking saloon.
    So given that, we just need a poll for the best looking coupe. But we need a list. To define the list that goes into the poll, the OP needs to offer some criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Current Mondeo?! No way, as Anan said, it ain't even the best looking Mondeo. Looks decent from the front, but awkward and heavy from just about every other angle, not helped by a fairly dreary colour range and appalling under-sized alloys / wheel trims.

The A5 looks excellent when its specced up with big wheels and the right colour (even better in S5 form), but I've seen plenty of "base" versions which IMO look terrible for the cash they cost!

Of current cars on sale, I do like the 159, 3 series coupe and Merc C-class looks decent with right spec.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Current Mondeo?! No way, as Anan said, it ain't even the best looking Mondeo.

Well I guess it's personal taste. I like it, and don't like Alfa Romeo's!.... But now that ya mention it, the new C Class Merc's are tasty with the right bits on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Reasonable money:
    1. Alfa 159
    2. Mazda 6 (in right spec)

Maybe the new Citroen C5....

Mondeo is OK at the front but a dog's dinner at the back and the proportions aren't great... Old A4 (pre-facelift) was gorgeous and distinctive. The new one is pants and the A5 is just a bland blob (but somehow the A6 and A8 are gorgeous)!

Luv the 3-series coupe but detest the saloon - horrible bum and 90% of the ones you see look massively underwheeled...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

LarWright wrote: »
    Well I guess it's personal taste. I like it, and don't like Alfa Romeo's!.... But now that ya mention it, the new C Class Merc's are tasty with the right bits on them...

+1, like the new C class a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I quite like this.It'll be reasonably priced.Comin later this year i think.Its based on a passat if you cant tellvw_passat_4door_coupe.jpg

most cars look nice with all the right bits on them....hell even an Astra can look well :p

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    most cars look nice with all the right bits on them....hell even an Astra can look well :p

I guess i asked for that... By the way... by "bits" I mean from the factory, like an MTec kit on a BMW... I don't mean a "Skanger Me Banger Bodykit in day-glo green that I got stuck onto me Starlet GT in a dodgy 'garage' along the Naas road somewhere" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

jaguar-coupe-concept.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

bmwcoupe.jpg
    As bland as a Toyota, but none of the reliability! Previous one was soooo much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I like the look of these:
    02rsx-a-spec-action.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

HJL wrote: »
    Peugeot 407 saloon looks great i think. The coupe is ok, but nothing special, not like the 406 coupe was compared to the 406 saloon.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

JHMEG wrote: »
    As bland as a Toyota, but none of the reliability! Previous one was soooo much nicer.

Don't know many mass production cars that look too good bog standard.

What are you basing your reliability "facts" about the E90+ cars on anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

By the way... by "bits" I mean from the factory, like an MTec kit on a BMW... I don't mean a "Skanger Me Banger Bodykit in day-glo green that I got stuck onto me Starlet GT in a dodgy 'garage' along the Naas road somewhere" :)
    It's all relative, I find MTec kits tacky enough. Cars without look a lot classier.

Advertisement