Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best looking saloon/coupe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

skaterdude wrote: »
    ...what do you think which is the best reasonably priced looking saloon and best reasonably priced looking coupe
    MarkN wrote: »
    jaguar-coupe-concept.jpg

:rolleyes:
    I presume you think this qualifies as 'reasonably priced' 'cos it costs less than an Aston...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    just as well we are all entitled to our opinions then...

You think the A4 & Mazda 6 are nicer than the 159????

Erm, where i exactly did i say that they are nicer than the 159?? ... i don't even think i mentioned the 159 at all!

...But anyway, yes the 159 is actually quite a gorgeous saloon, as is the new C-class merc - with the correct spec of course!

But as mentioned, all cars can look good with the proper bits on it ... the best example of this is I can think of is the old Ford Mondeo - Looks dull with 14" hub-caps and crappy plastic bumpers .. Now, the V6 model with the bodykit and bigger wheels looks is really nice looking - very imposing and aggressive :cool:

Also markN .. that Jag hardly qualifies as affordable and its also the concept version not the production model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

pburns wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    I presume you think this qualifies as 'reasonably priced' 'cos it costs less than an Aston...

Thread title says best looking. It also doesn't say you have to be buying new. Buy it in 10 years if you like. Still gorgeous looking.

A 60k A5 might not be reasonable to many a man, I don't know how you can decide what is reasonable to be honest.

whitebishopcarsXKSil907.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nissan Tiida, hands down the nicest saloon. It's so sexy it's the nicest looking Coupe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Like the new C class, but it has to be the 159 for me, just looks very elegant but with some agression also. It also doesn't look like it's trying to hard with lashings of chrome and other stuff.

As for the coupe, well it has to be the new TT, but I would say that wouldn't I :p

front1.jpgback1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Hmmm.... looks lovely congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Stekelly wrote: »
    Nissan Tiida, hands down the nicest saloon. It's so sexy it's the nicest looking Coupe too.

+1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Close....but 159 still better ;)
    Dyflin wrote: »
    I can top that:;)
    00002738_original.jpg
    Volvo s40

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

For the saloon I'd say the Maserati Quattroporte, or the previous generation 5 series.

Coupes would be more difficult...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Another vote for the 159/GT gang :D

I'm basing that on affordability. If price is no option, then Alfa 8C, Aston DB9, and Bentley Flying Spur would come into it.....and the replacement for the 166 if/when it comes along.

All of the above IMHO of course....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Erm, where i exactly did i say that they are nicer than the 159?? ... i don't even think i mentioned the 159 at all!
    you didn't specifically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RustyRocks

Definitely the Mercedes C-Class for the Coupe.
    Just got one from England (2006 C200 Sport Edition Kompressor) and love it already.
    Previous owner only did 23,000 motorway miles and loaded it with most available extras like panoramic roof, nappa leather inc. dash and door panels, upgraded speaker system, heated seats, phone cradle, six disc changer, upgraded 17" alloys etc...
    Don't really like saloons, so wouldn't like to comment on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

RustyRocks wrote: »
    Definitely the Mercedes C-Class for the Coupe.
    Just got one from England (2006 C200 Sport Edition Kompressor) and love it already.
    Previous owner only did 23,000 motorway miles and loaded it with most available extras like panoramic roof, nappa leather inc. dash and door panels, upgraded speaker system, heated seats, phone cradle, six disc changer, upgraded 17" alloys etc...
    Don't really like saloons, so wouldn't like to comment on that one.

Think it looks too much like the citreon zara coupe !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

The Alfa coupe is OK but the off centre number plate is so ugly that it puts it below most coupes.
    For the best looking the lines on a 406 coupe are hard to beat + it is very affordable now. Check out the volvo c70 cabriolet (not coupe but looks like one with hard top up) also. Both these are designed by pininfarina who also design Ferrari bodies which can explain the superior looks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What are you basing your reliability "facts" about the E90+ cars on anyway??
    Pure conjecture.. but if past performance...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That 406 coupe is smashing looking... I got a spin in a "150" bhp alfa 159 before and wasn't too impressed, so that turns me off them... As for the saloon... I'll have to stick with the Passat (with the monte carlo wheels):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I got a spin in a "150" bhp alfa 159 before and wasn't too impressed, so that turns me off them...

What did you expect from 150bhp? Unless the car's super light, then anything less than 250bhp isn't impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RustyRocks

will1977 wrote: »
    Think it looks too much like the citreon zara coupe !!
    If i had a Euro for every time i've heard that, i'd have a Euro now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

New Mazda 6, especially the 6 Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Saloon contenders:

Alfa 159
    335i
    Audi S4 / A4

Coupe Contenders:

Z3 M coupe
    630i
    350Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Saloon contenders:

Alfa 159
    335i
    Audi S4 / A4

Coupe Contenders:

Z3 M coupe
    630i
    350Z

I think most are missing the original point, what is the best "looking" saloon/coupe!!
    Specs/engine sizes etc. shouldn't count.....

I'd second the Civic Saloon, though I'm biased ;)
    Someone said the new mondeo? great from the front but god its ugly from behind :)

I think the Alfa 159 is pretty spectacular though.
    As for Coupe, the new TT look great.

OP maybe a Poll would work better??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Here's my tuppence ha'penny...

alfa_159.jpg

alfa-Brera-2005-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Saloon - toss up between the Alfa 159 and new C class merc ( avantagarde spec )

Coupe - CLK

Biro wrote: »
    Brera is very nice, but something a little not quite right about it.
    It's a hatchback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

For me its a toss up between these two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

JHMEG wrote: »
    I like the look of these:
    02rsx-a-spec-action.jpg

I find it hilarious that your previous comment referred to the blandness of 3 series coupe and yet you posted a picture of the blandest car on this thread as your suggestion.

JHMEG - the patron saint of Japanese motoring.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say

Oh yeah, I'd like 2 R8's and an M5 please.

Victor_M wrote: »
    JHMEG - the patron saint of Japanese motoring.

img-flag.jpg

JHMEG will never miss an opportunity to fly the Honda banner. Just leave him to it! ;)

Victor_M wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that your previous comment referred to the blandness of 3 series coupe and yet you posted a picture of the blandest car on this thread as your suggestion.

What exactly is bland about it? The Acura RSX is a lovely looking machine.. many people will agree with me.

Current 3 series coupe is woefully bland! I knew MarkN wouldn't be happy with me saying so, which was one of the reasons I said it. His frustrated reaction is always amusing. The A5/S5 looks sooo much better, as does the previous 3 series. The majority of people on this forum also agree the previous model is nicer.

All the Alfas on this thread are lovely too. But that 3 series is just so bland, I felt I had to single it out. They're all the same.

And anyway, a bit of counter balance to all the BMW fanboys is no harm.

JHMEG wrote: »
    Current 3 series coupe is woefully bland! I knew MarkN wouldn't be happy with me saying so, which was one of the reasons I said it. His frustrated reaction is always amusing.

Man you have some serious issues with judgement if you think I'd even be slightly bothered by the opinions of someone as narrow minded as you. :D

As for the coupe being bland, that's pretty rich, Honda have never ever made one single aesthetically desirable car.

If you were ever writing a lonely hearts ad JHMEG you should make sure you include the line "looks not important".

• Advertisement

Man you have some serious issues with judgement if you think I'd even be slightly bothered by the opinions of someone as narrow minded as you. :D
    I should dig up some of your past reactions. Some were quite amusing:D
    As for the coupe being bland, that's pretty rich, Honda have never ever made one single aesthetically desirable car.
    Which coupe? You coupe? Lots of people on here think it's bland, not just me. You should have got the Audi if you didn't want bland. If it's any consolation my current car looks almost as bland, but not as bland.

There are no Hondas in the BMW brochure so you wouldn't really be familiar with Honda's range.
    If you were ever writing a lonely hearts ad JHMEG you should make sure you include the line "looks not important".
    I could get you to write it for me Mark.. "seeking bland, high maintenance, woman"..

When it comes to cars I admit I prefer function over form.

Advertisement