Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window Vista Business log-in problem

• 26-02-2008 8:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone able to shed any light on this? When I boot up the computer everything is fine until the log-in screen when a little window pops-up entitled loginui.exe.bad_image. It says System32/msimg32.dll contains an error or is not designed to run. Trying to boot in safe mode doesn't help either.

Does anyone know how I can fix this without having to reinstal Vista? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Can you log in? Try the command 'sfc /scannow' from a command prompt in safe mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No I can't log in at all. I click OK on the error message and the screen stays black with the mouse pointer there. Nothing else seems to be going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ok then, there are two things you can try, vista has a repair/recovery option. If you have the DVD boot off of that and hit repair at the install screen or else try F8 at startup. The other thing you can try is to replace msimg32.dll from the command line or recovery console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I tried repair and restore last night to no avail. How would I go about replacing the msimg32.dll through the command line? I'm not really familiar with dos at all.

Advertisement