Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi 2002 A4 Air Con

Options
  • 26-02-2008 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Air not coming out of the vents at all. Just stopped this morn. After a while the vents themselves get warm but no air coming out.
    Big problem ? Audi Dealer required ?
    Any suggestions welcome
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What does the display say? What happens when you turn up the fan manually? Is the system set to put air through the vents? Are the vents open?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

Display says what it should say - no diff to when it has been working ?
    Nothing happens when i mess with it manually. (i.e the display changes as it should but no air comes out)
    Vents are open, nothing has changed since it was working fine.
    There is small clicking sound when i turn it on - coming from under dash by windshield blowers.
    Blowers must be busted

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Fan motor may be gone.

Maybe have a look at the fuses too. Whereabouts are you?

Fan motor and Fuses dont help me that much guys !!

Car is in D2 during day and D15 in evenings

• Advertisement

I'd give Hamiltons a call, Ph 01 4755157. They're a good auto electrician just off Camden St. They're pretty reasonable, too.

Cheers just booked it in
    Whats story with issues like this if they have to open up the dash to have a look.
    Can i still say I want a quote before they do anything ??

They'll have to spend time to see what's wrong with it, so I can't see why they wouldn't charge for that. Probably best is to call them back for a chat, to clarify exactly how they're going to approach it.

Dropped it in this morn. Fan motor is gone - part from Audi will cost 366 and all in incl VAT will cost 483.
    Hard to stomach as I only bought it privately 3 weeks ago and paid a machanic 165 to look it over.
    But I suppose with electrical stuff like this you never know when it will go right and I am just unlucky ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Can it be reconditioned or rewound? Is a used one available?

• Advertisement

Dont know - mechanic did not give me the option of it
    Dont have time to hang around... apart from freezing my ass off in it its pretty dangerous driving in the mornings without it and havnt had a bad frost yet
    anyway its ordered thanks for advice folks

Advertisement