Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danta Dualgais Breise

Options
  • 26-02-2008 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Cad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Cod?

Cod-29lbs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

whats the question? Ayup
    They is nasty poems..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

:rolleyes: I double posted a thread, asked the Mod to delete this one, but they deleted the other one with the actual question in it!!!!
    Maybe actually reading the thread would have been good :rolleyes:

I'll try to remem what I was saying:-

I'm a mature student studying mostly on my own.

I was wondering which poems your teachers have tipped for you in this section of the exam.

I was also wondering if you could tell me in your, or your teachers opinions, which of these poems were the easiest / hardest?

I then went onto say the ones I'm concentrating on are:-

Oiche Nollaig na mBan
    An Mhathair
    Dan Do Mhelissa
    Da mb'Fheidir aris d'ar gCumann

& basically, have ye been told anything different?

Thanks guys.
    BB

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

All of those that you have mentioned are the nicer of the few if you ask me. My teacher has said that Oiche N na mB, and Uirchuill and Chreagain are the seriously tricky ones.

EXCEPT "Oiche Nollag Na mBan".There are a heap of conotations and double meanings you need to pick up on. If you could find out a bit about Sean O Riordain, it would help. Seemingly, he was a maniclly depressed lad.. Sorry that can't tell you more. Ironically, i did a big question on him in my Irish mock last week. Go on the Sean.

We haven't been given any tip offs so can't help you there.

anyway you probably already got an answer like that in the original thread! Ah well sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

This is only the third year of the new lit course.

The four you listed are the only ones that haven't come up yet so yeah, I'd say you're right on the mark concentrating on them. My teacher isn't really bothering with the other four at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Thanks guys!

Anyone Else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I never got any message from you, I deleted the first one I saw, apologies.

Advertisement