Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any fun runs in Galway over Easter?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any fun runs happening in Galway over Paddy's weekend or Easter?

Not looking for marathons, but 10K or 5K events!

Thanks!

Lena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I think the Connemara half marathon is on around then, if that would interest you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LenaLena

It would, but I'm not upto that pace yet!

I need to do something easy enough, because I don't want to have to avoid my Easter egg or Paddy's Day pints :)

Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

I don't know of any races, but if you're looking for an easy-going big group to run with, there is the Fit4Life group that meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Westside Library at 7pm. They usually do between 5k and 8k. The times that I've gone there have been around 40 or 50 people, split up into 3 groups based on speed. They're a pretty fun group. Check it out at:

http://www.galwaycityharriers.com/meet-train/update-gch-fit4life-initiative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭brutes

PERHAPS THESE MAY SUIT

Ballinrobe Charity 8km Run/ Walk - not much of a drive from Galway

Mar 16

-
    1:30 pm
    Ballinrobe Charity 8km Run/ Walk
    Sunday March 16th, in aid of CROI
    Start time: 1.30pm
    Cost: € 15

Also a duathlon run bike run in Athenry on 15 checkout www.athenryac.com events section for these

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LenaLena

Thanks for the replies - that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for!

thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement