Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EPC warning light

Options
  • 26-02-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

I was driving to work this morning and noticed the above warning light had come on.

EPC = Electronic accelerator-oedal control.

Manual says "If there is a fault in the accelerator pedal working, a warning light will switch on"

Anybody come across this before?

Will it be ok for me to drive home this evening?

Thanks

EireEV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭T J Hooker

year/make/model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'm guessing it's a VAG model of some type. It could be something simple like your brake light switch has failed, easiest way to test for that is get someone to take a look. If it is that, it's a simple enough fix and the part should be fairly cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

2002/Seat Leon Petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

EireEV wrote: »
    2002/Seat Leon Petrol.

Check your brake lights are working, a faulty brake light switch has been known to cause the EPC light to come on.

Neil.

Doh, just saw Jip's post

Advertisement