Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice easy double?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Have lumped on this bet:
    Utd to qualify @ 1/5 (next round of champs lge)
    Seville to qualify @1/2
    Double pays 4/5 - PP

Utd free money with away goal, great home record aswell,imo
    Seville - On fire right now after poor start,death of player,ramos leaving etc. I lumped on at weekend at 8/11 when they beat zaragoza 5-0 at home. The way they play football is like arsenal except maybe even better imo. At home they are formidable,add this to 2 away goals and the turks hate travelling then this is a really sound short odds double.

Anybody see any flaws in this bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sounds like a good bet. 1/5 about United qualifying might be a bit short. If Lyon score once then to take the game without penalities United will have to score twice. Not beyond them for sure but 1/5? Still i wouldn't put you off giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Sounds like a banker IMO. May just lump on myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Liverpool are 1-5 to qualify.
    A lot safer bet than united in my opinion.
    Lyon are a dangerous team and united only have a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Liverpool a safer conveyance than United??? I wouldnt back Liverpool with counterfeit this season or any of the last 16 seasons. They can go from looking world beaters to championship fodder in the space of two games.
    United at home with an away goal once Fergie doesnt apply the handbrake is buying money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

You'll get 4/9 and 4/7 on Bluesquare for a better return.

There's no easy doubles. Can't see past united though but couldn't get involved at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭DocO

whats the odds will if you throw barce into the bet? (i guess they are bout 1/8 - but if lumping on theyre certs)
    also man u are about 1/3 away to fulham (who i think are terrible) on sat

lol - scrap that - barca are 1/250

had a wee look there - id back man u v fulham 1/3
    man u to qualify 1/5
    chelsea to qualify (their season hinges on it IMO) 1/7
    and the value of the bet - ill agree with the seville
    1/2
    i know theres alot of teams in that - but sure theyre all certs! ;)

pays 7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

DocO wrote: »
    had a wee look there - id back man u v fulham 1/3
    man u to qualify 1/5
    chelsea to qualify (their season hinges on it IMO) 1/7
    and the value of the bet - ill agree with the seville
    1/2
    i know theres alot of teams in that - but sure theyre all certs! ;)

pays 7/4

Alrite donal,

The reason i didnt throw chelsea in was because they do struggle to score goals in general, especially when teams pack their defence. They also only drew 1-1 with Rosenborg at the bridge and I cant think of them winning many of their group games by a couple of clear goals? Combined with the fact that they have no away goals so must score to win(pens obviously aside), the 1/7 is terrible odds...Livpool at 1/5 are way better odds but even at that id ignore.

Forky - TY for the blue square odds, oddschecker wasnt showing them for me, I think the double at 2/9 and 4/7, just under even money now, is terrific value and reckon ill throw a few more bob on.

1 more bet I think stands out, copa del rey this week, barca at 8/15 at home to valencia in the semi final, valencia have been terrible lately and barca look like they are hitting form at the right time. Even if a couple of the stars are rested I fancy them to beat valencia and beat them well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

Drogheda United v Cliftonville home easy win 4/7 with rangers tomorrow night away at 8/13 should be handy

• Advertisement

*******kos are second last favourite to win the champions league, just after celtic. and for a reason. i still think chelsea will brush them aside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

redfan wrote: »
    Drogheda United v Cliftonville home easy win 4/7 with rangers tomorrow night away at 8/13 should be handy

I'm on Cork and Drogs myself tonight. Pays a little over 6/4.

raheny red wrote: »
    I'm on Cork and Drogs myself tonight. Pays a little over 6/4.

Wouldnt be a big fan of betting Eircom League at the best of times but both teams will be ring rusty and I would rather sit back and watch both teams win then get involved at short odds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wouldnt be a big fan of betting Eircom League at the best of times but both teams will be ring rusty and I would rather sit back and watch both teams win then get involved at short odds

Agreed, even though Cork and Drogheda are far superior to their opponents I just couldn't back them at odds on for their first competitive game of the season against teams that are coming to the end of theirs. Good luck though

Cheers for the posts lads :cool:. Both LoI sides are full time and were both involved in training camps last week on the Continent, while the two IL sides are only part time. The majority of the Dungannon and Cliftonville players would have been still in work till lunch time today I reckon. Anyway, the Drogs game was a cracker, great to watch :eek:. Not often that you get a great game on tv involving an Irish team never mind two.

raheny red wrote: »
    Cheers for the posts lads :cool:. Both LoI sides are full time and were both involved in training camps last week on the Continent, while the two IL sides are only part time. The majority of the Dungannon and Cliftonville players would have been still in work till lunch time today I reckon. Anyway, the Drogs game was a cracker, great to watch :eek:. Not often that you get a great game on tv involving an Irish team never mind two.

Yeah but you cant beat actual match practise. I wouldnt have liked to have been on Drogs watching that last 5 minutes. How the ref missed the clear cut peno at the end Ill never know but Id say a few hearts were in mouths!

Yeah but you cant beat actual match practise.

That's true but on the other hand that was Cliftonville's 40th (I think) game of the season last night. Match fatigue is always a concern especially that they are part time, with even more games still to go. The Setanta Cup has been extended for a reason, because all the IL sides were upset with the pile up for extra games towards the end of their season. The SSC is now running from Feb till Sept/Oct, instead of Feb till May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Moot point really, bet was won. Who cares after the fact, nice win raheny red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I have had a very bad month... I am gonna lump on...

Utd to beat fulham
    Utd to qualify
    Seville to pualify

Its the last bet I'm gonna do ( my month goes from 6th-6th) for a while, I need a break:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

willis wrote: »
    Have lumped on this bet:
    Utd to qualify @ 1/5 (next round of champs lge)
    Seville to qualify @1/2
    Double pays 4/5 - PP

Utd free money with away goal, great home record aswell,imo
    Seville - On fire right now after poor start,death of player,ramos leaving etc. I lumped on at weekend at 8/11 when they beat zaragoza 5-0 at home. The way they play football is like arsenal except maybe even better imo. At home they are formidable,add this to 2 away goals and the turks hate travelling then this is a really sound short odds double.

Anybody see any flaws in this bet?
    Unlucky Will, so dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Utd to beat fulham
    Utd to qualify
    Seville to pualify

Its the last bet I'm gonna do ( my month goes from 6th-6th) for a while, I need a break:confused:

Disaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Unlucky Will, so dirt.

Yeah seville threw it away,they just sat back in 2nd half and once fener equalised then they started attackin again,fener didnt even have a shot in extra time. Why the seville mgr took off Fabiano I will never know!

Wasnt all bad as I lumped on Utd to win in 90mins(altho they were terrible!) and had a double on Utd/Seville to lead halftime/fulltime. I then was able to lay off some on my bet on the original double so my loss was quite minimal,still though it should have been a nice payday

Nice bet imo for weekend is blackburn @8/15 home to fulham, can see these odds shortening in next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

DaveMcG Quote:
    Originally Posted by am i bovvered

Utd to beat fulham
    Utd to qualify
    Seville to pualify

Its the last bet I'm gonna do ( my month goes from 6th-6th) for a while, I need a break

Disaster

I just got slated for after posting about this bet in another thread, but I was so relieved I had to tell someone...
    I ended up doing Utd to beat fulham, utd-barca-sevilla in 90 mins , I was lucky.
    I am no fan of someone coming on shouting about how much they won after the event , I won't do it again. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't see what the problem is with posting about winning a bet....this is a gambling forum after all.... but whatever!

Advertisement