Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air tightness for other buildings

• 26-02-2008 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

Just a question does anyone have an idea what figure is used in commerical buildings for air tightness testing. Is it the same as domestic 10. I know aldi tests all its shops before taking over but to what figure. I assume it is 10 ac as in part L

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

I recall somewhere hearing that for the likes of B&Q M&S etc they require a figure of between 2 and 4, which I understand is reasonably easy to achieve due to the large building volume.

From what I've been told 10 is quiet high for a dwelling and that the reason 10 was selected was to get builders and the rest of us familiar with the principal of air tightness and that it will be reduced significantly, the next time Part L is reviewed and revised.

Advertisement