Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Standard or Hardcore on PC

• 26-02-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Just for COD 4 on PC not console as I feel the aiming would be different .

Unlike the last poll , this time I suppose it is only fair that I comment myself :)

I prefer standard although I can go for a bit of HC as well depending on my humour . ST for almost all games I play 10 or so guys on teamspeak and we are there for a laugh , but on the odd occasion if I want to take it a little slower or a bit more tactical then I will try a bit of HC .

Also HC if you want to rank up fast but I wouldn't advise this as I feel it effects the longevity of the game . Longer it takes me to get all the challenges the longer I will stay interested in the game .

Standard or Hardcore on PC 22 votes

Standard on PC
    0% 0 votes
    Hardcore on PC
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I play HC as much as possible.. I just like it better.. lol i dont know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

NeVeR wrote: »
    I play HC as much as possible.. I just like it better.. lol i dont know why.
    I think I do! :p

As previously stated many a time, I vote for Standard for the simple reason that it requires skill to frag. I find Hardcore too easy, frustrating and n00b-friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*shrug*

No real preference tbh. I just join and play most times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

After a weekend of not liking the HC servers I ended up on, standard ftw.

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    After a weekend of not liking the HC servers I ended up on, standard ftw.
    Good man yourself! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I prefer the standard. Helicopters in HC mode ruin it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What about matchplay ??

Surely yous have played in clan matches at this stage

And when martyrdom, heli's, airstrikes, and perks such as deadly silence are disabled...then its Hardcore all the way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

I have played a few clan matches at this stage and I prefer standard pam4 with cbperks off .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Standard.

Hardcore is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

This shows that plenty still enjoy playing hardcore. Do the comp mods change the bullet damage etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

no the competition mods dont change damage, its the same as public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

To hell with the PC version, 360 4ever lolz0r.

End transmission :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

Hardcore servers are dumb because some of the perks are completely overpowered on them and the game balance is ruined. You also get this group of people on hardcore servers who have come to the illogical conclusion that Hardcore requires more skill which couldn't be further from the truth. These group of people tend to think that they're better than people who prefer standard servers and they look down upon them. When you tell them how shit hardcore servers are, they usually end up ragequiting after you beat them because they told you you were a noob for not preferring hardcore and that you were not skilled enough for hardcore.

Most of the time that I stay on hardcore servers, it's to beat people with this attitude at their own game and try and get them to ragequit. Most of the time, I succeed. That to me, is winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Wow, that was like an oscar speech! bravo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

Adriatic wrote: »
    tl;dr version: I own nubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Adriatic wrote: »

Give the man his Green beret.

71HTWWBHGQL._AA240_.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

To hell with the PC version, 360 4ever lolz0r.

End transmission :P

Have both versions,PC version wees down on the little 360 version from a great height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Froot wrote: »
    360 4ever lolz0r.

One of the main reasons I hate console multiplayer, which is ironic seeing as the PC was the birthplace of this kinda jargon.

By the By, I like playing both HC and Standard. I just hate the transition period between the two as I am not on top of my game then ( I hate shooting someone, turning around to shoot someone else and only realising the first guy is not dead cause I am not playing HC anymore :p:D ).

Dcully wrote: »
    Have both versions,PC version wees down on the little 360 version from a great height.
    Well said Dcully! And welcome back to the heterosexual world! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement