Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Wireless Modem hard reset

• 26-02-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering, can a hard reset of the Netopia Wireless Modem ( Netopia 3347WG ) be done.

I had this with Eircom and now I have changed to a new DSL provider and was wondering, could I do a reset of it to wipe all the Eircom Config and have a fresh new config on it ready for my new DSL provider with no reference to the Eircom stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You don't have to do any reset for it to work with another provider, especially one of the Eircom resellers (BT, UTV, etc). Just log into the modem and enter your new username/password and away you go.

For Smart there's a link in the FAQ with the settings that need to be changed.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54379396&postcount=5

The Eircom branding will still be there but that doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

Thanks kaizersoze

I am getting the new broadband from IFA Telecom

When you mention username/password, is that the one that Eircom provided me with or the one I will get from IFA telecom ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

obi604 wrote: »
    Thanks kaizersoze

I am getting the new broadband from IFA Telecom

When you mention username/password, is that the one that Eircom provided me with or the one I will get from IFA telecom ??

I mean the new username/you receive from IFA Telecom. Delete the existing Eircom ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deigo008

use the IFA passwords

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leem6

sorry for dragging up an old thread, just wondeirng if anyone knows the username/password settings for IFA Telecom, Im a customer and my modem has burnt out, and im trying to get my old Eircom modem to work on line

• Advertisement
Advertisement