Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footballer Fights

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

How exactly have u come to that conclusion?!!! Keane has all the agro while Vieira is more passive when compared to Keane, and its not like Pat is like PBF Mayweather who has the skills to deal with that, he'd probably just fold mentally and give up like he did here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qV-QKpRNtU

Plus to the best of my knowledge Keane used to be a useful amateur boxer in his early teens. Plus Vieira looked like a sissy when he handballed in Anfield last week makin him lose!! :D:D

Actually watching that again, it looked to me that Keane was about to burst into tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Actually watching that again, it looked to me that Keane was about to burst into tears.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Mr Alan wrote: »
    didnt Vidic take a dive a few weeks back? little slap in the face and went down like a ton of bricks, something like that?

Luis Garcia eh?

Or as i like to call him the Conquerer of Keane ;)

That's a common misconception. It was actually a tackle from Gerrard (or Crouch?) a couple of minutes before where Keane suffered that injury and he tried to play on...but after the Garcia tackle on the same foot he knew he couldn't continue .

A)- The Best in a fight
    B)- The worst in a fight
    C)- Which 2 players would you like to see fight the most?
    D)- Which player would be the best fighter of all time?

A)- Roberto Ayala (He is such a bad ass I reckon he's cold blooded)
    B)- Alexander Hleb (I don't know, he just looks malnourished?)
    C)- Jens Lehmann and Ollie Kahn (I reckon someone would actually die!)
    D)- Kenny Cunningham (he battered that wannabe Vinnie Jones in the tunnel once)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

actually the last post, with the malnourishment comment, reminded me of an alternate to my B) answer. I had Robben, but Yossi Benayoun really looks straight out of an St Vincent de Paul ad!

also with the previous post in mind, Lehmann V Almunia would be awesome. Lehmann is the obvious favourite, but Almunia really reminds me of Jean Reno in Leon, and, well, Leon's awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A)- The Best in a fight
    B)- The worst in a fight

A) The Tampon (Big Dunc)
    B) Nigel Winterburn - the ultimate flincher. Remember the Di Canio incident?!
    C) David v Goliath is always good. It'd be interesting to see how a big bruiser like Martin Taylor would cope with a wiry whippet like Eduardo..........
    D) Duncan Disorderly or Andy Morrison, City's captain from our Division 2 days. The guy is a f*cking monster, has no neck and takes no prisoners. Made his latest court appearance only last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

A Vidic
    B Crouch
    C Wright Philips v Crouch (now that would be funny)
    D Jack Charlton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

A)- The Best in a fight
    ATM I would have to say Danielle De Rossi. Absolute scum, not afraid to fight dirty and has the right build aswell as being quick

B)- The worst in a fight

Ashley Cole - Gays can't fight

Would pay to see Matterazzi and Zidane go 12 rounds

Vinnie Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Duncan Ferguson is the answer for A and D !;)

I was about to say him. :D

Luis Garcia for B

Duncan -v- Materazzi for C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Bubs101 wrote: »
    A)- The Best in a fight
    ATM I would have to say Danielle De Rossi. Absolute scum, not afraid to fight dirty and has the right build aswell as being quick

You sure about that?:D

1151055513_0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Nunu wrote: »
    That's a common misconception. It was actually a tackle from Gerrard (or Crouch?) a couple of minutes before where Keane suffered that injury and he tried to play on...but after the Garcia tackle on the same foot he knew he couldn't continue .

source?

An Citeog wrote: »
    You sure about that?:D

1151055513_0.jpg
    Wearing a pink bib wont stop deRossi!!

U do know that this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jDHHCK2Fxo paints his toenails!?! I think he'd do an ok job vs anyone mentioned so far dont u!!

I forgot to mention and cant believe nobody added DIDA for B!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Mr Alan wrote: »
    source?

I've never read it on the net before, i'll have a look now but I'm 100% it was an earlier tackle did the damage.

I heard it on MUTV from Keane himself in an interview a few days later...I thought he said Gerrard, but my brother(also Utd fan) insists he said it was Crouch?

Edit: Did a quick google and found this: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-3-sunderland-0-crouchs-timely-boost-for-benitez-777450.html
    Roy Keane's Manchester United career ended at Anfield, a Steven Gerrard boot to the foot breaking a metatarsal and setting in motion his long, bitter farewell from Old Trafford, so he already knew precisely what it feels like to depart Anfield with a deep sense of hurt

...BUT, also found this: http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1765009,00.html
    Rooney has, in the words of Nike, "played an extensive role" in the development of his new footwear. It features studs on the sole, blades having been banned from Old Trafford by Sir Alex Ferguson, who blamed them for Roy Keane's broken metatarsal after a tackle from Liverpool's Peter Crouch last September

:confused:....I guess we'll never know who was right:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

who cares! lil' Louis G showed up to finish the job :p
    FINISH HIM!!!

another good one would be Materazzi Vs. Schevchenko in a steel cage just to see how much Marco actually hates him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Jazzy wrote: »
    who cares! lil' Louis G showed up to finish the job :p
    FINISH HIM!!!

Yup, like the little kid who goes up and kicks the bully in the crotch once everyone else has had their piece.

Advertisement