Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone seen the "I Dare Ya" standup show?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Has anyone seen the standup show called I Dare Ya (Its on in Tripod this Friday 29th Feb)? I'm thinking of going but I'm wondering is it any good, or are these comedians any good?

I Dare Ya - Andrew Stanley and Damian Clark

http://entertainment.ie/going-out/details.asp?ID=2394366

Monkey Boys on Tour
    Straight from the success of RTÉ's latest comedy offering I Dare Ya, up and coming comedians Andrew Stanley and Damian Clark burst onto the stage once more. If you were one of many to fall in love with these two endearing funnymen through the wonderful medium of the small screen, now's your chance to see them in the flesh with a live show of their own individual stand up material combined with unseen highlights from the hit television series. Andrew and Damian will be taking their show - full of crazy dares and ingenious stand up comedy - on the road for a tour of Ireland for the very first time. This live show brings the best of the unseen dares so far, all the latest stunts from their newest darers, plus the chance to dare them to do something you're too shy or too smart to perform yourself!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

tbhb im not the biggest fan, i didnt like the tv show at all (which is the same as the live show pretty much) the strange thing is damien clarke is a great comedian ive seen him before, as is stanley......just the two of them together doesnt seem to gel for some reason! but i kno people who loved it so i dunno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭navin.r.johnson

I'd avoid it. The gags dont land and the crowd dont care. Their "dares" are moronic (stealing people pints for a reaction, bothering people walking through Jervis street shopping centre etc) and poorly executed. It's like some bastardized version of an ill conceived rip off of the worst reality/comedy show you've ever seen. It's also a prime example of an RTE's minimum budget therefore crap production policy. I'm sure they're lovely lads and all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

i dare ya not to watch it! its ****e!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Very poor show, Damien Clark (the aussie) is so much better than the tripe they produced. Apologies to the two lads but seriously it was a crap show. Look at the likes of C4's Balls of Steel for a fantastic rendition of f**king up with people's heads.

Advertisement