Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peak flow?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

I'm currently in college doing an experiment on the effects of smoking on the lungs...

is there a peak flow chart i can ya know cross height and weight and for non smokers... so i can compare the peak flow of smokers...

help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yep there is

I'm 5f 8/9 ish and my peak flow should be > 620. Its not thought its only 550 :( . This should help:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~aair/asthma_PEF.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

upon reading my comment i would like to say sorry for the lack of structure and punciation...

thanks a mill. your a star...

was just wondering..

for people whom dont have asthma what other factors are there than can effect peak flow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

peak flow is a measure of narrowing of the airways and the classical condition which reduces this is airway narrowing from spasm in asthma.

Advertisement