Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG Week 2008. Worst timing EVER!

• 26-02-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Okay, so who in the name of bejaysus' idea was it to put RAG week on at this gawdaweful week of the calender??? RAG week is always followed by a study week so you can get as fooked as you like during the entire weer and postpone worrying about non-intoxicating activities such as eating/sleeping/STUDYING until the aforementioned week after. The reading room is FULL at the minute people!! When has that EVER happened during RAG week before??? The first/second week in march was always free of deadlines to allow us all to go wild and let loose! Also, since RAG week was usually later in the year it means it was lovely and sunny throughout, and the entire college campus was full of people sitting/drinking/dancing/generally acting the eegit outside in the sunshine-not huddled inside trying to escape gale force wind and rain as they are this year! Put my ranting down if you will to the fact that I am one of those people in the reading room at the minute, attempting to finish a thesis which is due on Friday-so I'm a bit of a sick fish considering I'll probably miss all the fun and such down in the SU. But as I've mentioned already-I found it hard to get a seat in ere this morn with all the studious activity going on... Is it simply a bad callender week for all things RAG? Or is this year's lineup so disappointing that a large proportion of students would rather hit the books than the beer?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Young Catholic

Professor Thomas Kelly died in recent days. Maynooth was built on Catholic principles in 1795. You can surely refrain from RAG week. It is over rated. Drop a few Euro for charity (nothing for pro-abortion groups though) , study and surprise surprise, you may actually get a few hours spare to do stuff. It is Lent too. Just a thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Drop a few Euro for charity (nothing for pro-abortion groups though)

Why can't we give money to pro-abortion groups during RAG week? I was going to give them some support. Should I wait until next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Why can't we give money to pro-abortion groups during RAG week? I was going to give them some support. Should I wait until next week?

Cause they're the devil?!!

Just wondering about the first response, but do honestly believe the university has anything to do with religion nowadays? If that's the case surely only Catholics would be allowed in! It's not 1795 anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Professor Thomas Kelly died in recent days. Maynooth was built on Catholic principles in 1795. You can surely refrain from RAG week. It is over rated. Drop a few Euro for charity (nothing for pro-abortion groups though) , study and surprise surprise, you may actually get a few hours spare to do stuff. It is Lent too. Just a thought!

That is the most legalistic thing I have read in a long time, and that is coming from a practising Christian myself. Perhaps you should learn to enjoy life, my friend. Tom Kelly was a friend of mine and, whilst being a committed Catholic himself, loved nothing more than to eat, drink, sing, dance and celebrate life. I hardly think he'd want us to refrain from fun on his behalf. If what we say we believe is actually true, then Tom is having a pretty good time himself right now...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

are

My what a sanctamonious young catholic you are. I bet you're lots of fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement