Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone's 15c charge for mobile redirects

• 26-02-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Good morning.

this is a bit of a weird one, but i will ask anyway. My car has a built in phone (handset, hands free, and steering wheel controls). I have been told it will cost about a grand to replace it with a proper bluetooth kit that talks directly to the car (not the little small ones, which cost about 100 quid. this uses steering wheel controls and displays stuff on the screen in the car).

anyway, as a work around, i have been adviced to stick a Pay as you go sim in the car, and redirect all calls to it from my main phone when i get in...

This works, but Voda are charging 15c per redirect. Do any other network do this? Can this be removed? it made about 30 redirects last month, and i only used it for about 10 days... at that rate, i could double my phone bill in a month!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I used to have an O2 bill phone about 7 or 8 years ago. For a week or two, I had it diverted to a Vodafone number that I had to use for whatever reason. For every call that was diverted, I was billed for an off net call for however long the phone call lasted. Ended up with a phone bill of something like 300 euro.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Its because of termination charges that other networks charge for carrying calls on their own network.

So if you ring vodafone to vodafone no termination charges.

If you ring vf to o2, o2 will charge vf for carrying that call.

By charging you the 15 per call they get to make some money on this service.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Although I only have experience first hand with O2, I believe this is standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

So, o2 charge a LOT more then... hmmm. been a Voda customer for about 10 years now (even before they where voda) and i dont want to move, but this is starting to make me want to look around. And with O2 and their nice data plans, i am edging more over there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

lotas wrote: »
    Good morning.

this is a bit of a weird one, but i will ask anyway. My car has a built in phone (handset, hands free, and steering wheel controls). I have been told it will cost about a grand to replace it with a proper bluetooth kit that talks directly to the car (not the little small ones, which cost about 100 quid. this uses steering wheel controls and displays stuff on the screen in the car).

anyway, as a work around, i have been adviced to stick a Pay as you go sim in the car, and redirect all calls to it from my main phone when i get in...

This works, but Voda are charging 15c per redirect. Do any other network do this? Can this be removed? it made about 30 redirects last month, and i only used it for about 10 days... at that rate, i could double my phone bill in a month!

Thanks
    Why will it work with one sim but not the other? Is it an old sim maybe in which case can the network not simply give you a new one and copy your info to it?

• Advertisement

the car works with both sims, but its a pain to be pulling the sim out of my main phone, sticking it in the car, and the putting it back in... easier to just redirect, but expencive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have networks not started offering a sevice to provide 2 sims for just these types of reasons? I thought it was in the pipeline a while back.

I was told by the guy in the voda store and in customer care that i cant get 2 sims with the same number, because it causes problems with the network (or something)... Pity. would make my life a lot easier...

Advertisement