Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Digiweb, do they inforce the cancellation charge?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    I was wondering if someone could help me i'm looking to cancel my Digiweb Metro home 3mb package.
    I have paid up until the end of march and after that i'm informed i have 3 months left on my 12 month contract and if i cancel i will be charged for 3 months.
    My questions really are if i write in and request to cancel at the end of march and cancel my Direct Debit, how persistant will they be about getting paid for the cancellation fee? and if i ignored there requests what can they do?

just wondering aswell, I thought i had only signed up for a 6 month contract with these guys back in June / July now being told 12 months where digiweb ever a 6 month contract?

Thanks a mill for any help you can provide

***by the way I've had no problems with there service and the only reason i'm cancelling is that i've been waiting for NTL/chorus BB to hit my area for a year now and they have just arrived and they are double my speed for €5 extra and they also tell me that mid April they will be upping the 6mb service to 12mb no extra cost and upload to 1mb.****

thanks again

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't remember 6mnths being an option. I signed up for a year originally, paid in advance to get free install. Since then DSL has been rumoured but I ditched the phone line after a year of Metro and not planning to get it back.

I'd personally get the Shiny new system and see how good it is for a few weeks or a month before cancelling one that works.

However a new UPC install area ought to work. Check out with other nearby people what speed they actually get on NTL/Chorus UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

12 months as far as I remember...

And, yes they will enforce the contract - as all providers are entitled to do....UPC will offer you half price for the first few months anyway so kinda evens out.

Advertisement