Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft cut price of HDD add on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Erm?

Even at $49, who the hell would wanna buy it????

I have one, give me 50 and its yours!!! Will throw in hddvds as an extra if ya want, or just swap me a ps3!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

50 euro? how many hd dvds?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Fieldog wrote: »
    Erm?

Even at $49, who the hell would wanna buy it????

I have one, give me 50 and its yours!!! Will throw in hddvds as an extra if ya want, or just swap me a ps3!!!

:D

Whatever you do, don't let the xbox fan boys see that. They'll swarm on you and pick the meat from your bones. :)

i wouldnt frown on anyone getting a ps3, its the cheapest blur ray around, and it is a good console..

im still holding fingers for a blu ray add on, or ill just buy a ps3

just for bluray i swear!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

why would you not want to get a hd-dvd add on now, $49!!! And the 400 or so titles that were released on hd can be bought online for next to nothing. get one while you can.

• Advertisement

id be interested to see if shops bring the price down here, cause then it would be like 30 euro, i seriously doubt it somehow, o well im burning through ebay and adverts, if anyone wants to ship theres ill pay 40 with some dvds 30-35 on its own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I wouldnt bother now because if HD-DVDs are going down the drain there is definately no point in buying the add on so what if the titles are out on it now you will have seen them all at some stageand then your HD-DVD add-on is useless and sits unused after paying 50 quid for it.
    Just get the bluray add-on which is probably gonna be more expensive then the HD-DVD add-on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Speaking to EuroGamer, John Schappert, Corporate Vice President LIVE, Software and Services for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft, has expressed his disappointment in the sales of the Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on.

"It was a 3 percent attach rate," explained Schappert. This suggest only around 540,000 units of the HD DVD add-on were sold to the 18 million strong Xbox 360 installed base.

"It wasn't one of the high-selling accessories if you will. The people who bought it knew what they were buying," said Schappert.

With Blu-ray having emerged as the winner of the high definition media war, although currently by no means the clear successor to DVD, Microsoft has been rumoured to be working on a Blu-ray add-on drive for the Xbox 360. However, Schappert has indicated this isn't the case, pointing towards poor sales of the HD DVD add-on.

"We have no plans to announce or anything like that right now," said Schappert. "But I'd also urge you to look at the attach rate for the HD-DVD drive."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nurburgking

Rigth now a $50 hd dvd drive makes much more sense than Blu-Ray.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Rigth now a $50 hd dvd drive makes much more sense than Blu-Ray.
    If it hadn't lost ;)

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

i wouldnt frown on anyone getting a ps3, its the cheapest blur ray around, and it is a good console..

Either would I, but theres no games and the only one im waiting for is MGS4 but about getting a blu-ray player for cheap... if you have a PC you can get them for around €130

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CD-048-PO&groupid=701&catid=10&subcat=314

I bought this and its the business hooked up to my HDTV!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

HD will make a comeback in 20 years in a retro version.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Am I the only one that thought the price of the Hard Disk Drive was dropped with the thread title. HD-DVD add on is something very different and the HDD is extremely over priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody seen any stores or online sites selling them at this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Was up in game at the square today and they are selling them for the bargain price of €179

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Awww, from the title of the thread I thought this would be about the 120gb hard drive. Who the hell would buy a hddvd drive even for $50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Awww, from the title of the thread I thought this would be about the 120gb hard drive. Who the hell would buy a hddvd drive even for $50?

€50 for a 120gb HDD would be fair as it's not standard(€50 will get you a lot more on standardized one), but no chance of that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Any sign of cheap hd-dvd discs anywhere yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Any sign of cheap hd-dvd discs anywhere yet?

amazon.de

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Can someone please explain why is anyone still buying the HD-DVD add-on? I know there are 400 odd movies (if you can find them) but its dead tech.....

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Can someone please explain why is anyone still buying the HD-DVD add-on? I know there are 400 odd movies (if you can find them) but its dead tech.....

S.

Answered your own question there, 400 cheap HD movies.

Advertisement