Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CamperVan Clubs

• 26-02-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Is anyone on this site a member of either of the clubs in Ireland? Thinking about joining one. Any ideas which have the best events for families with small children. We have a 1.5 year old and both of us are around 30. We would like to meet up with others in the same posisiton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

We're a member of the Mothorcaravanclub.net but they only have one event per year.
    Also member of http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/ and registered as part of the Leinster region. There's events every couple of weekends and options to join Munster/Ulster for weekends away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I suggest a boards camper meet...

Yeah, Peasant said he'd organise it ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

He said no such thing :D

peasant is actually guilty of behaviour unbecoming a moderator of this forum ...

...I'm off on holidays for two weeks and the camper stays at home :D

But I'm sure you'll do just fine without me and have that meeting organised and all by the time I get back :D:D:D

Now shoo ...back on topic ...

Enjoy the holidays....Did you say I'm the boss while you're gone?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭derden

Stapler i tought that the Mothorcaravanclub.net would have more then one meeting a year. The main reason i'd want to join is to attend a good few meetings a year. Would defintly go on a boards meeting. any suggestions on where we could go? Ardmore in Co. Waterford is a lovely spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Maybe you should try these:

http://www.iccc.ie/about.htm

We didnt bother joining any club. We just met people as we travel around at weekends at camp sites and then we email/phone each other during the week and arrange to meet at a camp site or wild camp site. We have some craic. :D

Yep, Just one meet per year with motorcaravan club.
    My neighbour is with the www.ICCC.ie and it appears to be a good club with lots of weekends. The www.IMCC.ie also have quiet a few weekends away as does the www.caravanclub.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi Derden,

We are in the Motorcaravan Club (only a few months though). Planning on a trip after Easter while the eldest is still on hols. Where in Ardmore are you talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

I am also considering joining one of the clubs, however I am not sure if it is worthwhile. I know that these clubs as with any club, take a bit of time to organise, however from what of read so far, there doesn't seem to be a lot happening with motorcaravan club. The website itself does not seem up to date.:mad:

• Advertisement

Yeah shawnee i'm of the same opinion. I really only want weekend away that alot of people with similar interest are at. Maybe look at a few campervans, share ideas & tips, tell a few stories. Really think we should organise a gettogether with the people here. When do most campsites open for the year?

Put me in for a meet up. Theres nothing as good as packing up and heading away on a Friday night to get away for the weekend!
    A good 50% of the camp sites are open from 14th March till September. Some are open all year round. Were heading to Leitrim - Battlebridge if anyone's going this weekend!!:D

Shall we try organise a meeting? Anyone who is interested say when it will suit and where you from and where you would like to meet up.

When: End of march start of april
    Meet: Cork/Kerry

When: anytime
    Meet: Anywhere :D

Or maybe set up a thread to state where everyone is heading to (say on a Thursday) and if it suits we could arrange to meet :cool:

Sounds like a great idea, I would certainly like to go try out one of these campsites around Easter or early April. Easter would be nice as most people are off work and kids off school. However due to early Easter this year , I am not sure if the sites will be open.
    Anyone with any ideas or locations in Cork/Kerry/Clare that might be open at Easter.
    Im in Limerick area.
    I will do a bit of a check on some sites and report back to this site, suggest that some other contributors do likewise and that will set the ball rollin :rolleyes:

Nice campsite in Blarney and it opens 20th March www.blarneycaravanpark.com was there last year, nice spot theres even a nice little pitch and putt course on site.

That site in Blarney looks worth a visit indeed. I will pencil that one in for Thurs/Fri 20/21/Mar. Hopefully the weather will be dry around that time, but that is the beauty of the van, we can make the final decision nearer the time. Thanks.;) Great to be planning something like this on a dreary wet day like today. My ten year old son has been asking me ,when are we going out in the camper ? (continuously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pathfinder1

We are members of the Munster Motorhome Club and at the St Patricks weekend get together there were 26 children at the gathering. The stewards arranged sports for the childern on the Sunday. Easter Egg hunt at Easter Get Together It consists of young families and some middle aged ones too. 27 get-togethers arranged for 2008 mostly in the Munster region. Web page being built presently munstermotorhomeclub.com or you can email Sec:- munstermotorhomeclub@hotmai.com.
    Was a member of IMCC but rallies too far to travel from Cork.
    Membership 40 + Joining fee 40 = 80 Euro
    Motorcaravan Club of Ireland only 1 rally
    Membership fee 70 no joinng fee = 70 Euro
    Munster Motorhome Club
    Membership Fee 30 no joining fee = 30 Euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

So what about a meet , we are from Wicklow will go to any caravan park except Battlebridge. Now is the time the weather is not too bad and we have long evenings.

WE are going to St. Margarets in Wexford this Weekend if anyone is Interested.

Bido:)

Munster motorhome club, looks good, have asked for details to join up as I am in the Southern area.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement