Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chelsea fans?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

i got tickets for sundays game (ooooh yeaaaa thinly veiled brag post)... and was just curious what others who were there thought of the chelsea fans...

boring
    queit
    dull
    crap
    terrible

all words that i'd sue to describe their support on sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

ditpoker wrote: »
    boring
    queit
    dull
    crap
    terrible.

Thats what I use to describe chelsea football team.... Does that count!? :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

All the people I talked to today in work said they thought their fans were sh1t, including a ManYoo ST holder who was at last year's FA Cup final and said they were the same then.

I counted plenty of red seats down their end in the 1st half as well.

I had the misfortune of sharing the tube with a right nasty piece of work out to the ground, started mouthing off about his "yid cnut of a brother" and loads of reference to foreskins. Was uncomfortable for the girl I was travelling with who happens to be Jewish, but she stood her ground fair play to her.

I don't let them get to me, I only hate one team, and it ain't the small club from Fulham...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

They were like little lambs on the walk up wembley way, not a peep out of them. Spurs we're singing all the way up, nothing offensive, just Spurs songs.

As soon as both set of fans were were separated by police on the approach to the staduim they started the nazi stuff (concentration camp hissing and anti Jewish songs).

I took a good look at them and just shuck my head. In my life I have honestly never felt so much hatred then I did a that moment. In the end I suppose it just made the feeling of beating them all the sweeter. And to think that their manager and their owner are Jewish. Absolute scum of the earth.

In the stadium they we unaudable bar their goal and one or two brief half arsed songs.
    Plastic little rich club.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Cant wait till we have them at WHL on the 19th March.

Win, Lose or Draw we'll give em some serious slagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

All the people I talked to today in work said they thought their fans were sh1t, including a ManYoo ST holder who was at last year's FA Cup final and said they were the same then.

I counted plenty of red seats down their end in the 1st half as well.

I had the misfortune of sharing the tube with a right nasty piece of work out to the ground, started mouthing off about his "yid cnut of a brother" and loads of reference to foreskins. Was uncomfortable for the girl I was travelling with who happens to be Jewish, but she stood her ground fair play to her.

I don't let them get to me, I only hate one team, and it ain't the small club from Fulham...

is it arsenal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

"But I have to say having them sing "your support is fxckxing ****" to us at a final at Wembley and be absolutely right is probably the lowest feeling I have ever had about our supporters in 40 years"
    "I was in the upper tier & was full of Spurs fans, so much so that when Spurs scored they jumped up and celebrated and only 1 person had a go, thus resulting in him being ejected by stewards. I would say of our 35,000 allocation, 8,000 of them were Spurs/Neutrals!"
    "Losing to Spurs in a major cup final really f*cking hurt. I'm still in pain to be honest. But what hurt even more was the lack of passion or vocal backing provided by our so called support.
    I was in the Upper Tier, back row, so I had a great view of all the Spurs fans. They were all standing; all up for the day and were all full of passion and emotion. I looked down to our bottom tier and I saw everyone sitting down and giving no vocal support whatsoever. It was embarrasing. Surrounding me were a mix of normal looking Chelsea fans, all happy to be sitting there chatting amongst themselves and booing and abusing the players at will. It's Tottenham FFS. Show a bit of f*cking passion. For the sake of us and the club, I do hope things improve. Even walking up Wembley way, they were singing, shouting and abusing our club. And we just bloody took it. Losing to Tottenham in a major Cup Final hurt. But being outsung and taunted by them hurts just as much. Where's our Chelsea gone?"
    "When they beat Arsenal in the semi I was giving a Spurs fan some stick the next day about how their players did a lap of honour after the game and how the crowd was celebrating as if they had won the European Cup, when it fact it was just the semi-final of a competition that most of the big clubs aren't even bothered about. But deep down I was envious too - I miss those days of expectation and passion that comes with supporting a club that's gone a few years without success. They enjoyed that night against Arsenal more than we enjoyed beating United in the proper cup final last May. I saw them on the tube and walking up Olympic Way before the match and they were all so pumped up...for most of us it was just another game almost. I couldn't feel any real sense of expectation or excitement and again, I envied them."
    One thing that would help is a bit of honesty instead of burying our heads in the sand - Spurs have a bigger support and the idea they are 'fickle' is crap. Fickle means to come and go, disappear when things go badly, pop up when they go well (it don't mean to moan n groan a lot which they and most teams fans do). Spurs have never had 13,000 'packing' out WHL for a league game, I seem to remember regular crowds this size at SB, they have always had consistently big crowds even over the prem years when they've been pretty ****.

from http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33449&st=0

Travelling to wembley by tube and then foot, we didnt hear a peep from chelsea the whole way until wembley way splits just at the stadium itself. As for us, we were singing all the way from Kings Cross and just carried on when we got into the stadium.

They only managed to raise a couple of half hearted songs but that was after they scored.

On the day we outnumbered them by at least 15,000. We have always had a much bigger fan base then chelsea and always will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

those posts on the chelsea forums say it all.

Anyone knows chelsea fans then forward this link on as I'm sure they'd be interested in the clearance sale at their clubs store

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_browse.aspx?cid=7082

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I actually thought they were embarrassing. Never saw sucj poor support at any sports fixture.

In fairness the dozen i met going back to Cork were sound and felt they were well beaten on and off the pitch.

2 of my friends however shared a cab on Sunday night back to Heston on way to Heathrow with 2 very upset and pissed loudmouths. It was not pleasant and they were not even Spurs fans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement