Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies, Lads and Liquor! 4th of April, hats welcome :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't do the kinder thing anymore.

I'm past that phase now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

jsb wrote: »
    it depends. How hot is she? (i.e. if the friend is male then no they can't come as the brothers can be quite territorial)

Thats not true, it's a joint night, so you can bring along as many hot men as you like ;)

Chocolate doesn't go so well with booze, but I'll bring along a few eggs anyway. We can put the chocolate onto wherever jsb is sitting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

WindSock wrote: »
    Thats not true, it's a joint night, so you can bring along as many hot men as you like ;)

I'm going to see if we can get brother smashey on the door cause if we can none of these aforementioned hot men will be getting in
    We can put the chocolate onto wherever jsb is sitting :p

pfffft. what your going to put chocolate all over the dance floor;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Friend is female, blonde, slim, blue eyes and single
    Am trying to pass her off on one of the BGRH men

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

LouOB wrote: »
    Friend is female, blonde, slim, blue eyes and single
    Am trying to pass her off on one of the BGRH men

I call dibs. However you may want to rethink that strategy as you haven't meet us yet as when it all goes horribly wrong for her it is going to be your fault:D

• Advertisement

jsb wrote: »
    pfffft. what your going to put chocolate all over the dance floor;)

I would, but people may not think it's chocolate :eek:

I got myself 2 cowboy hats yesterday... they're awesome..

Really good quality... they were reduced from 95 euro to 15 euro.

Aw deadly. Im going to go in there tomorrow and buy 3 hats then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Where is this shop, exactly?

I don't know exactly. I thought I might just walk up and down North Earl St until I find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

North Earl Street eh.

I think I know the place, on the same side as Clerys, at a corner.

They used to sell leather belts with metal studs and spikes, and weird death metal t-shirts and stuff.

Mr. Gear I think it's called.

I wish MonkeyFudge would come back and answer though.

Yep... it's Mr. Gear.

Small street, you can't miss it...

Not much left there now as they closed officially last Saturday but they open for a few hours each day to try and clear out stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes. Sounds like a good night, i probably will attend.

There was agreat turnout at the last (and first) meet i was at.

This time i will be more suitably dressed. :D

How were you dressed the last time?
    BTW I've been waiting for the next installment of the trials of being Snyper.
    What happened with the biter?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep I should be there for your sins. Should be fun

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    How were you dressed the last time?
    BTW I've been waiting for the next installment of the trials of being Snyper.
    What happened with the biter?

I was at a job interview in Listowel (a job that ive since been offered :D) and i decided to drive home to athlone via Dublin for the BGRH.

i felt lik a spare prick wearing a suit, but, heh - whats a guy to do.

As for the biter.. im contemplating a 2nd date, brought her out for a pint 2 weeks ago, she was sober and not as quich to munch on my jawbone as before.

But tbh.. im not really interested.. i just dnt gt that "spark" :/

Looking forward to seeing you again Wibbs :)

I was at that one... did I speak to you snyper?

I don't recall...

I was probably too busy wearing a hat.. and that was a small hat.. wait to you see the big f*ck off cowboy hat I have prepped for next week.. oh yes...

I was at that one... did I speak to you snyper?

I don't recall...

I was probably too busy wearing a hat.. and that was a small hat.. wait to you see the big f*ck off cowboy hat I have prepped for next week.. oh yes...

Im not sure, you couldnt have missed me. Im 6'4 skint head and was wearing a suit and tie at a BGRH event! You couldnt have missed me! :D

This was the one in Isoldes, yes?

I brought the kinder eggs... I was there from early enough and stayed till the end.

The only BGRH beers I've missed was the last one that was on.

No, the one in the chez inn, must have been before Isoleds

• Advertisement

Sorry... I'm being old fashioned... Isoldes is the Czech Inn...

I still call my local pub 'The Blacker' despite it changing it's name times since it was the Black Sheep.

By local I mean it's the closest... I certainly don't make a habit of drinking there.. that would be insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Well it's official! I will definitely not be attending this event :( *sniff* as my 21st girlie r&b birthday party gig has been confirmed. I so wanted to give out lots of pressies for da wimmins! BUT Ninja Karaoke is a GO! So hopefully we can get as many members attending ?! :pac: Anyway enjoy the night peeps and hope to see you all at the next one if not before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

DJ_Spider wrote:
    Well it's official! I will definitely not be attending this event *sniff* as my 21st girlie r&b birthday party gig has been confirmed.

hmmm, perhaps we should move the beers to that party? :D

Windsock told me to post here, or she would kill puppies :(

puppies_1.jpg

snyper wrote: »
    I was at a job interview in Listowel (a job that ive since been offered :D) and i decided to drive home to athlone via Dublin for the BGRH.

As for the biter.. im contemplating a 2nd date, brought her out for a pint 2 weeks ago.

You've left that too late, your intentions will be quite obvious and you'll be lucky to get home in one piece. :D

It is bad enough that I can't go when absolutley everyone else is. (Big shout out to Spidey)
    But knowing I'm missing out on badass cowboy parahanalia and possibly Kinder eggs.
    Well it is just too much. :(

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Windsock told me to post here, or she would kill puppies :(

It's Ok to kill Labradors, because they eat their own poos.

I don't think I met you there either Snyper. Shame DJ and Moonbaby can't come :( Maybe we can have another one on Saturday especially :)

I won't be able to go too mad either. I'll probably have to be in bed before Midnight as I have a stinkin interview on Sat morning :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

LOL @ The-Rigger! Here is a t-shirt I saw the other day! 2001724052459445310_rs.jpg I was thinking of making it myself!

Anyway enjoy and I wont lose any sleep over the puppies! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lol, well cats are evil. So damnation to them all.

It's Ok to kill Labradors, because they eat their own poos.

I don't think I met you there either Snyper. Shame DJ and Moonbaby can't come :( Maybe we can have another one on Saturday especially :)

I won't be able to go too mad either. I'll probably have to be in bed before Midnight as I have a stinkin interview on Sat morning :mad:

I'm holed up in Limerick until the middle of May. I'm at the business end of my labs, assignments and exams. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

is this the kind of event where single guys only are welcome?

my OH prob wont attend so would it be a bit off for me to be there. i'd likle a good piss up/

Advertisement