Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping connection with iol

Options
  • 26-02-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Im with IOL for dsl broadband and in the last few days i keep getting disconnected it can happend after a few mins or maybe be ok for 20 mins it happens randomly ive tired another modem but same thing happends ive been on to IOL on they said they would send me out another modem but i dont think thats the problem could i have a fault in my line ?ive rang eircom and they said that my line is ok so am stuck i dont know what else to do anyone got any idea what could be causeing this ? oh and ive run virus scans and everything seems.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Last night this problem arose for me. Was playing WoW with two other lads - 1 on BT also and the other in Eastern Europe. The East Europe lad kept getting kicked off our TS server but staying in game. The both myself and the other BT guy dropped out of WoW a couple of times but stayed on TS. Second time it happened I switched to FF to test. I could get to boards.ie, unreal.ie, ireland.com but not to Facebook.com, gmail.com or any other site outside of Ireland. Looks to me that they were having some international problems. Don't know if this affected any other provider tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

i finally got it sorted it was a fault with my line and it only took eircom just over 3 weeks and me ringing them everyday to come out and fix my line :mad:.but at least im back online now

Advertisement