Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are some properties withdrawn from daft.ie

Options
  • 26-02-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Can any one explain why estate agents withdraw properties from DAFT only to put them back on again within a few weeks? I've seen this happen with a couple of properites. Is this a tactic to make the punter think that the property has only been for sale for a few weeks or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's usually for that tactic. Harder to get away with now due to the likes of IPW (unless they use myhome exclusively, which isn't tracked).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Could be something came up in the legals and they had to pull the sale temporarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

jdivision wrote: »
    Could be something came up in the legals and they had to pull the sale temporarily?

Don't think it's this because i've noticed the same phenomenon. I has a couple of saved sale ads in my daft that i was interested in and they went from For Sale to Sold over night. However, after a quick search i could see that they were still for sale with the same agent. Looks like they just want you to think they are not for sale for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

if you are a private seller on DAFT you cant go sale agreed on a property, you can only withdraw it, i was one and sold successfully on DAFT, i called their line as i couldn't find how to go sale agreed button and they told me this,

while there is some negativety out there, some property is still selling espically if its at the right price

Advertisement