Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Live 12-Month Gold Subscription Card != Gold Dust

• 26-02-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

I have checking Game, GameStop, HMV, Smyths and Harvey Normans but all of them are sold out of XBox Live Subscriptions.

Anybody know if Micosoft are changing there EULA or issuing new cards or is there another reason for the country wide shortage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gamestop & Xtravision all have them up here (sunny Letterkenny!)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    I have checking Game, GameStop, HMV, Smyths and Harvey Normans but all of them are sold out of XBox Live Subscriptions.

Anybody know if Micosoft are changing there EULA or issuing new cards or is there another reason for the country wide shortage?

How much of the country did you search?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I search/rang most of the Dublin stores and got them to check the stock levels in their other stores for me as well

MarkR wrote: »
    How much of the country did you search?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try ebay, I picked up a 12+1 month membership code for €34, it works great :) You also get a month free :D

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Don't think that something I'd buy from ebay.....
    yoyo wrote: »
    Try ebay, I picked up a 12+1 month membership code for €34, it works great :) You also get a month free :D

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I got mine from eBay.

But you're looking for a 12month renewal one, not a new 12+1 account...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

zAbbo wrote: »
    I got mine from eBay.

But you're looking for a 12month renewal one, not a new 12+1 account...
    They work both ways apparently (Both new & Renew), and also op whats wrong with buying on ebay? The seller has 99.9% good feedback, mines still working since I got it a while ago, and you save a fortune, but if you want to try retail, buy from microsofts update site (You can choose add live sub from your xbox.com profile and pay over net), you'll pay more that way though...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Got mine on Ebay UK, works absolutely perfectly. 13 months for 30 odd euro, the code arrived in my email within around an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Xtravision will have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Bought one on eBay (12 Month) - worked perfectly, and saved over €20. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Bought mine from a playtrader for £30 about €42 - he has a shop that sells them as well, posts and emails out the codes.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I just checked online and all of the argos stores in Dublin have them. www.argos.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Got my renewal from a Polish seller on ebay for about €40 as well, no problems whatsoever. Just emailed me the code an hour after the sale finished on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

just a query on this I am paying by the month keep saying I am getting a year off ebay. I have three months of free cards and just entered one the other night even though I am subscribed for a week or so. Can I trusty MS wont automatically take if off the card as well, also is there a way I can delete my card from the system without making the call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

This is where I bought my card :

http://www.gamesbite.com/xbox-360-nall1curpage-2-1-c.asp

was a good service.

Advertisement