Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on Pearse St. this afternoon

Options
  • 26-02-2008 4:03pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just come back from there and the whole street is closed off and traffic is backed up towards Ringsend, I asked a shop assistant nearby and she said something about debris falling from one of the building sites... Does anyone have anymore info? I don't think anyone was hurt as I didn't see any ambulances, just lots of Gardai.. They are diverting all traffic bound for Pearse Street back around by Westland Row... I hope it's cleared by 5pm cause that's my route home :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Apparently a building collasped - according to a Garda on Holles Street. Traffic is brutal - Fitzwilliam Street, Lower Mount Street, Merrion Square all choc-a-bloc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

According to the TCD board on here, it's the CRANN building, the new TCD building on the corner of Pearse St & Westland Row.

And according to the thread it hasn't fallen down!! A bit of panelling fell off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

yeah apparently according to http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/dublin/traffic.asp?id=92924

glass building collapsed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ok, I have it on good authority that an 8ft piece of metal fell off and landed on a parked car below, did a lot of damage to the car apparently but nobody hurt.. Mystery solved.. Back to work now..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I passed by it shortly (very shortly) after it happened.

A large glass panel blew off the Trinity building on the junction of Peirce St. & Westland Row and landed on a car on the opposite side of the road (and old black VW Golf).

A building didn't collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Mairt wrote: »
    A building didn't collapse.

And it was business as usual inside the building too by the looks of things. I used the sports centre as usual at just after 5pm and the Science Gallery & cafe were open and doing business.

Advertisement