Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Songs Have You Got On Your Pc?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I only checked how many songs ive got just there, I have 33,415 Songs!:eek:

I backed them all up, what ive been doing is copying music off people's computers and also downloading them too. I want to create a massive music collection and be able to share it with people. Anyone have a larger collection of music than me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I have 1 song on my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

7980. I probally only listen to about 5% of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

togster wrote: »
    I have 1 song on my PC.
    Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Scherzo) in sample music? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I have 33,416 songs, just checked there. I want to have more tunes than the whole world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Moved from After Hours.

Sometimes you just dont realise how many other threads there are...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

On my laptop I have just under 1000. But on my dads PC I have about 5000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Richard W

I have 3300ish, and that's about 10 days. When are you ever going to listen to 100 days of music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have about 7000k on my PC.

In other news, "How big is your cock?"

Its good to have so many songs, because if your mates come over looking for an album or song, you can easily get it for them. Or my dad wanted loads of old songs, and suprisingly i had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

None! I'm an old fashioned sort of guy and I use an old fangled gadget called a "stereo system". The sound reproduction from this gadget is a million times better than that from PC. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Rigsby wrote: »
    None! I'm an old fashioned sort of guy and I use an old fangled gadget called a "stereo system". The sound reproduction from this gadget is a million times better than that from PC. ;)
    Time for a new pc tbh :p

I have 4000+ and plan to take over the world some day.

Ross can you export a track listing of all that music? I'd be curious to browse your collection ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Mirror wrote: »
    Time for a new pc tbh :p

Ok. I'll rephrase. ....... is a million times better than ANY PC :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I've got roughly a thousand on this computer (laptop) but had 4,000 on old PC. I want to see some tracklisting as well! I really, really need more music! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I'd say I've about a quarter past 4 songs

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

47,638 tracks... 138days 11hrs
    according to winamp...

Slightly OT, but what do people with large music collections use to manage their libraries... I have used Dr.MP3 to organise/tag and play using winamp, everything else seems to really drag with the size of the library...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Used to have a few hundred thousand, um, it was pointless.
    Down to like 8k with pruning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Used to have a few hundred thousand, um, it was pointless.
    Down to like 8k with pruning.
    Yeah back when your average pc used to ship with a 2 terrabyte hard drive! :p :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,134 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Almost 10'000 (9998 to be exact). Wouldn't listen to 80% of that. Actually it's more like I've never listened to 80% of that, and of the other 20%, I'd listen to 10% max on any sort of regular basis.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mirror wrote: »
    Yeah back when your average pc used to ship with a 2 terrabyte hard drive! :p :rolleyes:

I have a lot more storage than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

14,596 or 58.1Gb if you prefer.
    Had well over 200Gb on a hard drive that decided to die on me during the summer.
    This was all that i had backed up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

47,638 tracks... 138days 11hrs
    according to winamp...

Slightly OT, but what do people with large music collections use to manage their libraries... I have used Dr.MP3 to organise/tag and play using winamp, everything else seems to really drag with the size of the library...

Download the Dynamic Library Plugin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Ross can you export a track listing of all that music? I'd be curious to browse your collection

How do you do that man? I'd really like to print of the contents of me music folder

In other news over 100GB (I'd listen to most of it, no filler)and I can p1ss real high too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

a more interesting question would be how much of it is legal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Get off the box mate, how much of your collection is legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Seemingly 27,570 tracks. Of course I don't listen to alot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

About 7,500. Haven't even listened to most of that mainly as I only download albums even though I only want certain songs. Strange I know but I just hate having single songs. Used to play them off the pc but got a new stero system that has an ipod station so Bob's your aunty's husband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Maybe it's just me, but reading this thread I get the impression that people are eager to have a bigger collection just for the sake of having a bigger collection, and in fact the more you have the less you listen to.

Advertisement