Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

taxation class

Options
  • 26-02-2008 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

my car is taxed for private use, i am now running a businness from home and use it mostly for work, and the tax is nearly up

just wondering do i just renew the private taxation, or can i tax it for commercial use

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'm pretty sure the tax class can't be changed once the car's first taxed.

You might find more info on the revenue website.
    www.revenue.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

what kind of car is it?
    i think to be classed as commercial it needs to have no rear seating? i may be wrong though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

kceire wrote: »
    what kind of car is it?
    i think to be classed as commercial it needs to have no rear seating? i may be wrong though :o

+1. No seats or side-windows rear of the driver's seat. Didn't even think of asking that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

grand its a 5 door peugeot hatch

i was thinking i'd save money if it was taxed commercial, but was tempted to leave it private to save the paper work and hastle, BUT then i was worried that i would be in trouble for taxing it wrong :D

will online tax it now, thanks lads

Advertisement