Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane rear passenger door

Options
  • 26-02-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Quick one for you...

I have a Megane 1.6 Classic 1998.

Couple of smaller 'normal' problems but have one specific one with the rear passenger door. The central locking works perfectly in the car, but the rear passenger door mechanism doesn't appear to be working.

When I trigger the central locking in the car I can hear the lock doing something in the door but nothing happens with the lock. I'm suspecting that a cable or rod of some sort must have been broken or disconnected but can't be sure until I take the panel off the door..

... which I can't do as its closed.. and locked.

Any ideas? Will I have to break the panel to get the door open?

Thanks

Enda
    --

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I remember a similar question here with a different mak (door locked, how to open type question, so hopefully whoever answered that query will see this and be along).

Other round a bout way if no solution is found would be to get a new door car from a scrap yard. You could cut into the existing one enough to get at the lock mechanism or the bar that might have come loose, then just swap the doorcards once you8 fix it.

Dont have a specific answer on how to get the door open without doing damage though.

I had a similar issue on my Accord and my Rover 620 (same car , same problem which leads me to believe it was a common issue) where the drivers side rear door on both wouldnt lock/unlock with te central lockingbut I could here the motor working. They had buttons on the door that I could use to lock/unlock the door so I just lived with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

doubtfir3 wrote: »
    Quick one for you...

I have a Megane 1.6 Classic 1998.

Couple of smaller 'normal' problems but have one specific one with the rear passenger door. The central locking works perfectly in the car, but the rear passenger door mechanism doesn't appear to be working.

When I trigger the central locking in the car I can hear the lock doing something in the door but nothing happens with the lock. I'm suspecting that a cable or rod of some sort must have been broken or disconnected but can't be sure until I take the panel off the door..

... which I can't do as its closed.. and locked.

Any ideas? Will I have to break the panel to get the door open?

Thanks

Enda
    --
    Check out www.renaultforums.co.uk you may get the answer here..

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Thanks!

I'll see how I get on.

Enda

Advertisement