Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Tea

Options
  • 26-02-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I see Lyons have introduced a Green tea to the market.

Is it as cheap as their normal tea, or is it extortionat like all other green tea?

Anyone tasted it?

Is it nice?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm not a fan of Green Tea tbh.

Twinnings Green Tea Orange & Lotus Flower isn't too shabby though.

Buy your green tea from the Polish food section, tastes great and is around 70 cent for 20.

I wonder if you can buy them in bulkier packets in Asian foodstores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Proper green tea is really only in the Asian markets/shops. Ask for "gunpowder" green tea. Very good for you and it has a nice kick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not a tea drinker but I love green tea, also has plenty of antioxidants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

I haven't had green tea in ages! Thanks for reminding me I need to stock up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭Polar101

DesF wrote: »
    I see Lyons have introduced a Green tea to the market.

Is it as cheap as their normal tea, or is it extortionat like all other green tea?

Anyone tasted it?

Is it nice?

I think the price was about the same as the other Lyons teas, could be wrong though. I found the tea very ordinary - just finished the 40-pack I bought.

I prefer to buy the standard "Clipper" green tea (not teabags) found in most health stores.

Can anyone direct me to an Asian store that sells gunpowder and/or sencha tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I tried green tea for the first time last week, there was no proper tea left so I made myself a cup of vanilla green tea, dash of milk and spoon of sugar as normal. Tasted just like hot icecream, I'm sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Green tea and milk :eek:

Each to their own I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So, I got a box of Lyons Green Tea, €3.50 or so for 40.

I'm just about to make a cup of it, so I'll report back when I'm finished :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, it's nice enough alright.

Kind of an odd "smokey" taste towards the end of the cup.

But a nice change from Black tea (I drink tea black, with no sugar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭Polar101

Polar101 wrote: »
    Can anyone direct me to an Asian store that sells gunpowder and/or sencha tea?

I'll answer myself. :) Found one called Asia Market on Drury Street, €1.30 for a box of Gunpowder tea and about €3.50 for Sencha, very nice! Quite a big selection of Chinese and Japanese teas there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Polar101 wrote: »
    I'll answer myself. :) Found one called Asia Market on Drury Street, €1.30 for a box of Gunpowder tea and about €3.50 for Sencha, very nice! Quite a big selection of Chinese and Japanese teas there.

I was just about to post to tell you about that place :)

Advertisement