Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Clinics - Dublin

• 26-02-2008 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Ive been told by my Doc to get to a consultant cardioligist for a stress ecg test. I experienced a few 'missed beats' after a hard run (85% HRmax) recently. Out of this I did a standard ecg and there were unusual voltage output. so does anyone know any clinics in Dublin that have this facility as part of their function? I dont like hospitals and the waiting lists (well, you know our health care system woes)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tks,
    Jo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Lisbon,
    How'd you know you had missed beats?
    I was on a hard run recently at around 175bpm (max 193) when for a few seconds the HR reading went to 227:eek:. Hoping it was just a malfunction from the monitor, but not sure if I'm being paranoid or if I felt a bit of chest tightness at the same time. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Racing Flat,

That sounds like your monitor had a blip for a bit.

As for how my experience went, I had a hard run finishing the last half mile at over 85% HRmax. When I completed this, warmed down and went home, about half an hour passed during recovery when I noticed a palpation or two in the chest - which I thought very weird. It lasted about 15 seconds and felt like my heart beat once instead of twice but harder to make up for the missed beat (if that makes sense).

If you are in any doubts at all, see your doc. I though I was being paranoid (maybe I still am) but it turns out I have been referred to a stress test. I would like a clean bill of health before undergoing a marathon schedule later in the year. Also, dont get a heart rate monitor if you get paranoid easily ;)

Advertisement