Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yee of little faith

Options
  • 26-02-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I came, I rented and I ripped up the Ring. And guess what, its completly legal and within the rental agreement of a certain major rental company.

Got myself a 7 series for the week and took her racing. I took it handy enough and lapped in about 12 minutes. Heres some pictures, video to follow.

2001677244537156303_rs.jpg

2006050748365253282_rs.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Whats a rental agreement got to do with Legality ?

Of course its Legal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nurburgking

Well plenty of people from here were telling me I was breaking the law a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

You should have got a jag S-type diesel and compared yourself to a certain tv presenter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Assuming this is garda boss??? :confused:

Zonda999 wrote: »
    You should have got a jag S-type diesel and compared yourself to a certain tv presenter:D
    It was similar enough having a 3 litre diesel auto with 5 lads in it. The only difference is that Clarkson could crash his car without too many financial implications.

Its scary as hell not knowing what sort of corner is approaching on each hill. Missed my braking a small bit on one corner and nearly ended up hitting a barrier.

Feels great as well when theres 50-100 people looking at you on some of the corners.
    Assuming this is garda boss??

No this is the Nurburg King. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It was similar enough having a 3 litre diesel auto with 5 lads in it. The only difference is that Clarkson could crash his car without too many financial implications.

Its scary as hell not knowing what sort of corner is approaching on each hill. Missed my braking a small bit on one corner and nearly ended up hitting a barrier.

Feels great as well when theres 50-100 people looking at you on some of the corners.

No this is the Nurburg King. ;)

Fair enough. How much does a lap cost anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I came, I rented and I ripped up the Ring. And guess what, its completely legal and within the rental agreement of a certain major rental company.
    Which one? Not that I don't believe you, but it seems highly unlikely, to be honest. Did you explicitly ask them if it was OK, or are you basing the legality of it on your own (possibly mistaken) interpretation of the rental agreement?

The latter I suppose. Unlike other rental companies this one at no point forbid driving in the nurburging or one way toll roads like most do. It did exclude track days at race tracks.

Heres a vid of us hitting 240kph on the auto bahn. Just realised it was actually a 130 limit. Only noticed the cops at the end and they nearly saw us filming it all.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZP3N7lHzo

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Got myself a 7 series for the week

But the video shows you in an Audi :confused:

I though somebody would notice. There were two groups who went and we swapped cars at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

conneem-TT wrote: »

I think someone's telling porkies, unless they changed car mid trip....or something

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I thought for a minute there when the insid lanes were clear you were going to move out of the overtaking lane, but alas, no.:)

But I was in the fast lane going fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

conneem-TT wrote: »

At least the drivers in Germany know not to hog the overtaking lane unlike so many FEKKIN IDIOTS here in Ireland.

Advertisement