Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography Forum

Options
  • 26-02-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Just here to give some feedback on Boards' photography forum. Personally, I find it by far and away the most informative and accessible forum on boards. It has some dedicated moderators who play a massive part in providing excellent information - they've just put alot of work into revising the FAQ sticky.

The members' experience ranges from amateur to professional, but the advice is always well-constructed and practical. No matter how crazy an idea sounds, you'll always find someone who's tried it and has produced results. The knowledge pool is vast, and is matched only by the forums community-spirit; there are frequent meet-ups, and the Mods and members frequently know each other on first name terms.

I wish I could've gone anon for this, but there ya go.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

/me keels over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Jesus.

I'd been avoiding boards all day due to a hell of a lot of work, both academic and professional... I pop onto feedback for some light relief as my last job uploads, and see "Photography Forum"...

Trying to give me heart failure??? :p

Cheers Telepaul, I (I'm sure I can say we?) appreciate it.

I enjoy the forum, and the people on it. If it weren't for you lot, it wouldn't be the same either :)

Now you just have to come along to one of our meetups :p And I need a break...

(12 hours time, and I'll be drinking coffee in Venice, while waiting on my train to Slovenia... :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

+1 for the Piccie Forum.

A welcoming and positive place, and tolerant to n00bs (such I aspire to be, any day now).

Well done Elven, Faj, and the users who make the community what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Silverfish wrote: »
    /me keels over.

/me doesn't get it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

She's in shock at positive feedback is all. I wouldn't blame her half the time.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, I took a wrong turn at Youtube. *backs out slowly*...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Jesus.

I'd been avoiding boards all day due to a hell of a lot of work, both academic and professional... I pop onto feedback for some light relief as my last job uploads, and see "Photography Forum"...

Trying to give me heart failure??? :p

Cheers Telepaul, I (I'm sure I can say we?) appreciate it.

I enjoy the forum, and the people on it. If it weren't for you lot, it wouldn't be the same either :)

Now you just have to come along to one of our meetups :p And I need a break...

(12 hours time, and I'll be drinking coffee in Venice, while waiting on my train to Slovenia... :D )
    How much did you pay this guy?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DeVore wrote: »
    *backs out slowly*

Watch out for Az. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm I think Telepaul wants something !!!!!

+1 for the Photography forum, definately one of the highlights of boards !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

I concur, I find the other sections nowhere near as inclusive or as balanced as the photography section. It was the reason I came to boards.ie and the reason i come back to look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yep, said it before, I'm not even a photography buff and I find myself popping by more and more often ... both mods and ordinary users make it an interesting and very pleasant place to visit.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    12 hours time, and I'll be drinking coffee in Venice, while waiting on my train to Slovenia... :D
    What? :eek:

Wait, scrub that first comment! It's a terrible forum, and that Al lad shoudn't be allowed to leave his desk until he ... until he ... well, sorts it all out, so there! :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yup, I've only posted there once, but everyone was really helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

gandalf wrote: »
    Hmmm I think Telepaul wants something !!!!!

Haha! Nah, just credit where it's due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Have to agree with TelePaul a really friendly easygoing forum where all are welcome, even an amateur like myself:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

in fairness the Photo forum is a good photo, alot of good people on it and well worth a look for anyone anyway interested in the subject,

Advertisement