Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator sarah conners chronicles

• 26-02-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

anyone else managed to watch this new series (say, during a trip to the US) ?

I thought it was going to be pretty useless but its not all that bad , although given the time travel option it could go on for ever. Can see this spinning off a few other series along the way too if it gets the ratings in the US

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I've watched the first 6 episodes and I'm really enjoying it.
    Its keeping me going until Heroes or BSG is back on air :D

It's ok. Not brilliant but not bad either. Could be great if they had a bigger budget for fx etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Just an fyi, next weeks episode in the US (ep 8) is a 2 hr special, but also the season finale :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 all-time-FANBOY

The concept has potential for TV, but after the seeing the pilot, I'm left with an overwhelming feeling of "What's the point?" when we already have the superb first two movies. It'd be interesting to see how far they can take the whole plot device of John Connor being persued by Terminators from the future week-by-week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

I'm really enjoying it.

I'm also not expecting it to match up to a 2 hour movie. Usually, a full season would be 22 episodes, that's 22 hours of plot. Trying to compare it to the movie is an injustice. The Stargate SG-1 series was based on a movie, and it lasted for 10 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Personally I was disappointed as hell with Summer Glau's extremely wooden acting. It also comes across like a production that was made on a bit of a shoestring- it would be nice if they had a bit more in the way of special effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Given that it's on at 10pm on TV3 on Fridays, I keep missing this. I think I'll be waiting for the DVD box set

Advertisement