Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude Ignorant B*stards!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Yeah i know, it's madness, i suppose that lecture is at 9 in the morning, no saying that's an excuse, but there's bound to be stragglers. But what's really bad about it is the people that are 20 minutes late, come in and start chatting away, feckin gobsheens
    Well, today there were about twice as many students as normal, mostly on time, and quiet... can we have a mid-term exam every time? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

stereoroid wrote: »
    Well, today there were about twice as many students as normal, mostly on time, and quiet... can we have a mid-term exam every time? :o

Yeah i never realised there were so many engineers in that class, i couldn't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RIP-sanity

feckin gobsheens

+1

That expression made me make a loud coughy snort noise that has made people give me evils in the library but still, LoL, :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Today's Observer has a letter from a student about this: just as angry about people holding conversations, but with less swearing than this forum. I can summarize it as "don't disturb other students". That's it - sorted, you'd hope.

In some theatres, where the acoustics are not that good, any noise can cause other people to miss words. It's a psycho-acoustic thing: even quiet voices attract our attention, away from where it should be. Today I had someone constantly clicking a pen, about three inches from my ear. He stopped after I glared at him, so his pen escaped a fate worse than death. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

In first year I had two gobsh!tes talking very loudly behind me in a history lecture. I turned around and asked them to be quiet. They refrained from complying with the request and made some disparaging remarks about my body mass. I then told them to shut the fook up or the body mass would be thrown at them with a fist as a focal point... that worked. :D

The lecturer heard this and nearly peed himself laughing!!

Another history lecturer just turned around one day and ordered two muppets out of the theatre for messing. It is the only way to deal with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Apart from the odd time in 1st year, I dont' really remember much of this happening. Most people would just skip if they didnt want to be there; easier for everyone.

To be honest I just think its another example of the consistently lowering standards and rate of interest in classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

boneless wrote: »
    In first year I had two gobsh!tes talking very loudly behind me in a history lecture. I turned around and asked them to be quiet. They refrained from complying with the request and made some disparaging remarks about my body mass. I then told them to shut the fook up or the body mass would be thrown at them with a fist as a focal point... that worked. :D

The lecturer heard this and nearly peed himself laughing!!

Another history lecturer just turned around one day and ordered two muppets out of the theatre for messing. It is the only way to deal with this.

Fair play, I'd do the same although I would shout so loud I'd be heard in space

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

CrazyPolly wrote: »
    And any of the d*ckheads who are in 2nd Science and talk throughout should be ashamed too.

I always sit right at the front, nobody talks there and I can hear the lecturer perfectly. I find it much easier to concentrate there too.

Those lectures (Pharmacology and immune biology) are at 11 and 12 so even the wasters come in for them. They're also soft subjects to be honest, so people don't take them too seriously. Maths and chemistry are almost scarily quiet, and physics and geology are meant to be fine too, although they have small classes.

I do agree though, if people aren't interested they'd be better to just go to the library and work on their own or just go get some coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

just as angry about people holding conversations, but with less swearing than this forum.

Get over it...
    I then told them to shut the fook up or the body mass would be thrown at them with a fist as a focal point... that worked. biggrin.gif

+1 I like it!

Tis true that, but unfortunately not all lecturers have the balls to do so. A lot of them won't even ask the students to be quiet, nevermind kick people out. It really should be a requirement for lecturers...and school teachers alike, that they have enough of a backbone to deal with their students, else they'll just be walked all over.
    They're also soft subjects to be honest, so people don't take them too seriously.

Soft subjects? By that you mean easier than the rest? I agree definitely, but that doesn't really make a difference...for me anyway. It still counts as much as the other modules so I still take it seriously. If others don't want to thats fine but they don't have the right to take away from my study time. Plus, if it continues like this, it will be a difficult module due to the fact that we didn't hear a single thing the lecturer said all semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 the_future

tywy wrote: »
    It doesn't stop after 1st year if you're a Civil. I'm in final year, we've lectures with them and they just never shut up. Elec is small so you don't really get a chance to talk without being glared at...

i am in final civil.... :(

im not one of the bad ones though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement