Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any Converge fans in the House ?

• 26-02-2008 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Absolutely love this band . ****in mental so they are been listening to their latest album a LOT lately and i have to say i still get goose bumps .

Grim heart / lack rose . Tool me balls . lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Won their No Heroes album at a charity thing in Drogheda, thought it was ****e, threw it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Motherpuncher

Definately not to everyones taste then i take it . lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They're not bad. Wouldn't be my favourite band, but I do appreciate what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Not knocking them or anything, just not my cup of cider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Motherpuncher

Ah yeah man each to his own :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Yeah, fricking love them. In fairness though, they are real love them or hate them band and more than a little samey. Jane Doe though is a fantastic album and I'd advise anyone who wants to try the most hardcore, raw music to give it a few listens.

I've seen them twice live and they are class. The second time I got a contact lens kicked out of my eye! It's intense stuff. I was on stage with the band before a stage dive too. Great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

Absolutely wonderful band. Pity about them not coming here on their upcoming euro tour, as they are probably amongst the best live bands ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

OLP wrote: »
    Not knocking them or anything, just not my cup of cider

Haven't heard this 'No Hereos' one but they have a class cover of 'Annihilate This Week' by Black Flag knocking about. I have their first album and it's decent enough, don't really listen to them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i keep meaning to check em out, whatd be a good album to start with ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Depends what you're looking for really. 'When Forever Comes' is pretty heavy and schitzophrenic sounding, pretty metally.

'Caring and Killing' their first album is pretty good I think, it's a lot more crusty and hardcore than metal with some melodic breakdowns.

Edit: just looked at your blog. Zen Arcade = amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Seen them in the Voodoo absolutely amazing gig. Woke up black and blue, great live band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Depends what you're looking for really. 'When Forever Comes' is pretty heavy and schitzophrenic sounding, pretty metally.

'Caring and Killing' their first album is pretty good I think, it's a lot more crusty and hardcore than metal with some melodic breakdowns.

Edit: just looked at your blog. Zen Arcade = amazing.

thanks (was listening to it today again)

whats their heaviest album? (i prefer to start there with most bands)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Saw them at Hellfest, they really didn't suit the festival atmosphere and I found them difficult to take seriously, but I'd imagine they're great in a club.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I like them,I only have one album though,"no heros"I want to get some more but I cant seem to get anymore in cork :s I think a trip to sound cellar,and HMV in grafton street in dublin are in order in the next couple of wks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

I reckon Jane Doe is their best by far, but that's the first one I got so maybe that's the reason for that. Class mix of intense, heavy, complicated and serene (comparatively speaking).

Advertisement