Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to plug a hole in my radiator?

Options
  • 26-02-2008 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hey folks,

My Seat Leon is costing me a crap load of dough at the minute so the last thing I wanted was to find myself putting water in it twice a day! Brought it to the garage and he couldnt see where the water was coming from only a wee wet spot on the corner of the radiator. But he had it running for over an hour and for the amount of water it was losing he couldnt see where it was all going. So does anyone know of a solution to my problem without taking the whole front of the car apart and fitting a new radiator?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Radweld - http://www.screwfix.com/prods/43083/Automotive/Body-Repair/Holts-Radweld-250ml . Any motor factors and lots of garages sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Cheers mate. How do I apply it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just gets poured in where you fill the rad. IT circulates and plugs the leak itself.

Appreciated mate!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Might not be a rad leak?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Pour a couple of egg whites into the rad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Samson wrote: »

And sugar in your engine;) and badabing, maurang

As much as I hate to say it I think Henry is right and it may be a bigger job but I will have to take apart the whole front of my car to find out!! Thats a big job in itself!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Don't over-do the rad weld, mate of mine used it and it was fine for a while, used it again a week later as the leak re-appeared and then another shot about a month later.
    Outcome was, the stuff solidified inside the engine, fecked up the water pump and caused the block to overheat and crack a cylinder wall.

I'ts only meant to be a get-you-home fix and should be flushed out afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Samson wrote: »

A short term solution but he's right it works!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement