Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missed lectures

Options
  • 26-02-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

iv missed all lectures in the past ten weeks is it too late to make up for lost time???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭RINO87

what course are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

it would depend a lot on what course you are doing eg. if it is a culinary course typically you have to do restaurant service, so if you're not there = no grade.
    or a lot of the sciences have mandatory attendence for labs and if you miss more than a specified number you may start losing marks.
    if you are in engineering you may have autocad which is typically 50% attendance.

so, as rino axed whats your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 decky84

im doin finance and accounting yr 3

• Registered Users Posts: 82,489 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

why have you been missing for 10 weeks?

I'm in Comp Games Dev in ITCarlow: I did the same thing in my first year but I had good reasons that I took up with my Mentor's and the Counsellor.

If you need to do the same I suggest you do it now because this is the make or break point of the year.

Depending on how your course and year is graded its very doable: in my case there are enough marks in the final exams to warrant a pass. If you have that benefit and youve done ANY work in the year, then yes, you have a chance. Buckle down and study like you've never studied before. Tesco Kick is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Accounting is not really a subject ppl can afford to be missing for ten weeks for unless your in first year or are really good at said subject.If you had good reasons for the absence then i would do what overheal suggested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I am sure you will be fine if you cram. My G/F is doing ACCA at the moment (nearly qualified) and has crammed the whole way through.

College is even easier, you just need to put in a few 12/14 hr days for a couple of weeks coming up to the exams

Advertisement