Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results

Options
  • 26-02-2008 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

So, anybody want to share the results?)
    Where you satisfied with them?
    Did you think the mocks where harder/easier than you thought they would be?
    Whats your overall impression?
    How many more points are you hoping to get in the real thing?
    Did you cheat? :D

I know that some people are still doing them and some havent even started, but what about the rest of you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

I'll share mine results [well what I have got so far] and thoughts. =):)

Basically, I've done ****e so far. =(

I've gotten 4 back. In 2 I got D's and in the other 2, I failed. :( But you know what, it is only the mocks, so I'm not that bothered really. However, my mam is a different story. She is going made! :eek:

Well, I was happy that I past those two subjects I passed but not my other two. I knew I would of failed one which was Irish. But I thought I would of passed the other one. :(

At the time, I was thinking, they are not as bad as I thought but now that I have some back, I'm think that they were bad. I wasn't prepared. I hadn't studied enough. I didnt seem to care and I completely regret having that attitude now. :rolleyes: Now I know that I have to work extra hard because I want to do well in the actual exam. My main goal was to at least pass everything in the mocks, which I havent so that kinda sucks. Oh well...

For my course it should be around the 300 mark. It was 305 last year and 330 the year before. Who knows what it will be this year. I'm hoping to get what I need though. I really hope I do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Take the results with a pinch of salt but remember that was the last mulligan you're going to get: the Exams are right around the corner and its time to buckle into your desk, lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I did shíte. I need about 300 more points for my first choice. But I don't really want that so all's good I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you're doing under 200 points........ yeah, be afraid. No TV for you.. I even recommmend dismantling key computer components lest the infernal machine distract you from studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I've gotten one back, Chemistry seventy something percent :P
    Doing good so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

got about 280 points without studying
    Failed irish though and that means a failed leaving cert....God i hate irish:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

Starting mine tomorrow and you lads aren't exactly inspiring me. Praying for a bit of John Donne on paper 2! He's the only one I really know ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    I've gotten one back, Chemistry seventy something percent :P
    Doing good so far!
    If you fail Irish you dn't fail your LC, only i you fail Béarla or Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Istrancis

I did shíte. I need about 300 more points for my first choice. But I don't really want that so all's good I guess.

Em... then why is it your first choice? Seriously, find something you actually want and work toward it, the rewarding feeling is INCREDIBLE!

And KeyLimePie, seventy percent in chemistry is very good, well done! Keep that up and you could bring it all the way to an A.

All I've got back so far is Business.. I'm majorly pissed.

I got a B3. :(

• Advertisement

All I've got back so far is Business.. I'm majorly pissed.

I got a B3. :(

That could be an A1 by June. Cheer up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

i got 310 points but i still have history to get bac so i'm pretty please but if this was the real thing i'd be goin' nowhere because i only got 29% in maths(and pass at that, how depressing)

Last year.. I got about 9% in maths in my mocks.

In the leavin I got a C3. I was shocked to say the least.

Dont worry. Maths really is a breeze once you practise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

I just got my geography back today and i got an A i'm so happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Got D1 in Maths and Irish...both pass..I think its ok really cause in the mock Irish we didnt do one of the poems that came up yet and a story aswell...In maths it was hard so pleased that i passed...Was way harder than the questions u see in the exam paper....Hoping the get a B in the L.C...and i did get the highest in the class:D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I've gotten 4 back so far & I've got 340 points from them so I'm happy enough so far. Ranging from 77-89. V happy with my French A2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ln-1

I got 585. B2-German. B1-English. A1-Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths, Irish. I haven't done a mock in my other subject(applied maths) so it might be good:)
    I was pretty damn happy- had to be celebrated.
    THey were definitely easier than expected-except for German and Physics.
    Overall impression. Piece of piss. I'm hoping for that, or anything near it!!!! Course is 570 here, 525 in England.
    No cheating for me. People kept talking about mock papers but I deliberately waited until they were over to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

ln-1 wrote: »
    I got 585. B2-German. B1-English. A1-Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths, Irish. I haven't done a mock in my other subject(applied maths) so it might be good:)
    I was pretty damn happy- had to be celebrated.
    THey were definitely easier than expected-except for German and Physics.
    Overall impression. Piece of piss. I'm hoping for that, or anything near it!!!! Course is 570 here, 525 in England.
    No cheating for me. People kept talking about mock papers but I deliberately waited until they were over to join.

****ing hell, that's impressive.

Well done.

Course=570=medicine?

****ing hell, that's impressive.

Well done.

Course=570=medicine?
    thanks. Yup thats the one. I already got an offer in England. So just aiming for it here now

A1-Irish.

Holy crap.

Where you hoping to do med btw?

• Advertisement

Holy crap.

Where you hoping to do med btw?
    That Irish grade scared me, I thought I'd get a different vowel.
    Hopefully Trinity just because of the MBCho. 2nd choice-UCD. Or if I change my mind and get the points England.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Skillz and a half.
    And there was me happy with my 82 in Physics. Hopefully I'll get more back tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

That Irish grade scared me, I thought I'd get a different vowel.
    Hopefully Trinity just because of the MBCho. 2nd choice-UCD. Or if I change my mind and get the points England.

Come to RCSI! I'm in first med there.. It's fun, and you'll skip into first med with 2 sciences, the current premeds are fairly awesome and you'd be with them plus all the others who go directly into first med. If you want to know about course material and suchlike here, let me know! :)

Alternatively, ask students in the various colleges about the courses.. I've heard some not-so-great stuff on the Trinity course, but I have no idea if any of it's true - you'd be better off finding someone there!

Oh, as for the degrees, they're all the same in terms of letters.. M.B. B.Ch. B.A.O. as far as I know? Maybe I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chrissydeex

Skillz and a half.
    And there was me happy with my 82 in Physics. Hopefully I'll get more back tomorrow...

Whats the key to getting such a high grade in physics??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Whats the key to getting such a high grade in physics??

Yea fuckin hell that paper was impossible i'd say i got near enough full marks on the experiments and still managed to fail it:mad::mad:

I dunno if I had the same paper as you, but it was tricky enough alright. My physics teacher did really good revision with us, she'd give us all the exam paper questions from all the years on a particular topic (say optics), then give us a test on it. Handy enough, had most of the revision already done before the mocks began so I didn't have to study during them.
    Doing applied maths doesn't hurt either. : p

I lost 6 marks because I didn't use graph paper though. Bit annoyed about that. Alright, only 6 marks, but my graphs were better than my friends (she had her axes wrong), and she got full marks because she used graph paper. Alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Very impressive, well done.
    I had the DEB physics paper, and it was quite tough alright. Section A was a breeze but section B was a nightmare!
    Just finished my mocks on Wednesday so haven't gotten any back just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I got 81 on the DEB paper (Damn 1% :p) mostly by doing any question with maths involved that I possibly could. I literally didn't have my definition for Archimedes principle learned properly but still managed to do fairly well in the question because I got the problems right. It kinda seems like people avoid questions with problems sometimes but it's often a lot easier to pick up marks in them if you can manage to get them mostly right, because they can be really picky about theory questions & getting exactly what points they're looking for in the answer.

I made up the experiment for the archimedes question, it was frankly embarassing. I tend to go for the mathsy ones, writing spiels is a lot more subjective. Then again, if you get your formula wrong, you're screwed, whereas you can waffle a bit otherwise.

• Advertisement

jennyq wrote: »
    I got 81 on the DEB paper (Damn 1% :p) mostly by doing any question with maths involved that I possibly could. I literally didn't have my definition for Archimedes principle learned properly but still managed to do fairly well in the question because I got the problems right. It kinda seems like people avoid questions with problems sometimes but it's often a lot easier to pick up marks in them if you can manage to get them mostly right, because they can be really picky about theory questions & getting exactly what points they're looking for in the answer.

That's normally how I feel, but in the mock I made a balls of all the maths parts for some reason. Managed to get the entire mechanics question wrong beside a definition despite getting a B1 in the applied maths mock. :/

But at least I learnt I can't depend on Q6 and Q12(a) and it's better to learn lessons now than in June.

Advertisement