Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

That's normally how I feel, but in the mock I made a balls of all the maths parts for some reason. Managed to get the entire mechanics question wrong beside a definition despite getting a B1 in the applied maths mock. :/

But at least I learnt I can't depend on Q6 and Q12(a) and it's better to learn lessons now than in June.

Yeah, to be honest you can't really ignore either the theory or maths parts. I know now that I have to basically just put in the effort & learn the stuff even if it bores me a bit so I won't be disappointed in the end :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peteballagh

Maths B3
    Applied Maths D2
    Physics/Chemistry C2

All Hons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

got about 280 points without studying
    Failed irish though and that means a failed leaving cert....God i hate irish:mad:

Eh no. It doesn't mean that. That only applys for Maths and English as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

So chuffed with how I've done so far. I missed 2 months of sixth year and alot of fifth year so was expecting to barely pass. But I got a C3 in Maths(H), C2 French(H), C2 Biology (H), C1 Business (H) and C1 Irish (O). So thats 290 so far. I need 300. If I get C1s in my other two subjects, Home Ec and English, I will have 400, so I would be thrilled with that! Fingers crossed... and toes!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

humm.. Got one back so far and i was drreading it. Maths (higher) was expecting a pure fail, around 30% but i somehow managed to swing a C2- wtf! And you know what is bizarre... i got the EXACT same mark in both papers. There's only nine girls doing honours and a lot failed :o ops.

• Advertisement

There's only 3 girls in my year doing honours maths. Thankfully we all passed the mock though!!!
    I've got all my exams back now. I got 420, I'm delighted!! Not bad considering I had surgery in the middle of sixth year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tan90'

Hey :) Ugh we had our mocks the week before and the week after mid term and still haven't gotten back any results :( Any ideas when i can expect to get 'em back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Depends on the correcter, and how quick they are, and how much they have to correct. Oh, and when they were sent I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I still haven't gotten three of mine back, and I did my mocks over a month ago. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

That DEB physics paper freaked me out! Would love a C

But 98 in business(H) and 95 in Maths paper 1 (H) (All we've got back)
    completely made up 4 it.

Our physics teacher has never used the exam papers, given us homework, or given us a test(other than xmas and summer obviously):eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

290 in the mocks with ord. level maths, Irish nd German. Not too bad, want arts in maynooth so I need to push up to 360 or so to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I have done very very bad, I think college is out of my reach at this stage. My teachers aren't exactly giving me very much confidence and have now no motivation when it comes to school.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

ln-1 wrote: »
    I got 585. B2-German. B1-English. A1-Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths, Irish. I haven't done a mock in my other subject(applied maths) so it might be good:)
    I was pretty damn happy- had to be celebrated.
    THey were definitely easier than expected-except for German and Physics.
    Overall impression. Piece of piss. I'm hoping for that, or anything near it!!!! Course is 570 here, 525 in England.
    No cheating for me. People kept talking about mock papers but I deliberately waited until they were over to join.

Pretty impressive alright, I got 515 in the mocks and that was including applied maths, I did very little after that but somehow managed to get medicine in TCD this year after the second round offers. As a matter of interest, where in England were you offered a place? You should probably come to Trinnerz if you can, pretty good university with a pretty good med course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Jaysus look at all these As! Congrats :) Just make sure ye don't get a big head now and think you don't need to study any more. In my own experience the mocks were a lot easier than the real thing which was a shocker cos I was told it's the opposite.

Whereabouts in the UK have you got an offer ln? I got an offer for Peninsula though like yourself hoping to go here, would be more affordable.

Liam don't beat yourself up. I got Ds and fails in my mocks but tbh it doesn't matter. It's only a test run to get used to the format of the exam and to have an idea of what areas you need to improve on in the various subjects. The results themselves mean feck all as a lot of you won't have even finished covering many of your subjects.

Comparing your results to others isn't going to help. Concentrate on your own results and see what needs to be improved for what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got a C3 in bio and that's the only exam I have got back yet and it was our teacher who corrected it! We are going into our 5th week after doing them on Monday. It's absoloutely outrageous!

Tan90' wrote: »
    Hey :) Ugh we had our mocks the week before and the week after mid term and still haven't gotten back any results :( Any ideas when i can expect to get 'em back?
    We had ours before and after midterm too. What did you think of that? Everyone in my school was so burnt out after the first week that they were too tired to study for midterm and were all completely unprepared for second week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

I've only recieved a few back so far; Irish A2, French A1, Geography A1, Biology B2. I'm happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I'm in the middle of mine now! :( Done all of english, and maths one. German and geography tomorrow... I forgot how to get the volume of a sphere by integration!

Got Irish back today! Got a B2. Wooo!

Thought I was completely ****ed on that one.

nerdysal wrote: »
    We had ours before and after midterm too. What did you think of that? Everyone in my school was so burnt out after the first week that they were too tired to study for midterm and were all completely unprepared for second week!

Hmm i was a bit aprehensive tbh because it's not really simmilar to the conditions in June so i felt we were a bit disadvantaged. But we had english after mid term and we needed the mid term to do paper 1 stuff because we hadn't started any!!! I know ridiculous right? Mid term was dreadful!! I felt under pressure to work really hard and took NO breaks so i was wrecked after it!! :( I just started getting back results today so you'll probably get them soon!!! :D

Gaeilge - A1
    Maths - A2 - Pit peeved causes i intend to count it but if i take out the q we hadn't done it's an A1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

i got about 60% in everything, yous are making me look bad......

Hmm i was a bit aprehensive tbh because it's not really simmilar to the conditions in June so i felt we were a bit disadvantaged. But we had english after mid term and we needed the mid term to do paper 1 stuff because we hadn't started any!!! I know ridiculous right? Mid term was dreadful!! I felt under pressure to work really hard and took NO breaks so i was wrecked after it!! :( I just started getting back results today so you'll probably get them soon!!! :D

Gaeilge - A1
    Maths - A2 - Pit peeved causes i intend to count it but if i take out the q we hadn't done it's an A1
    WOW!!! What are you aiming for??? Oh, I've got all my results back. I got 420. I'm delighted because I missed two months of sixth year because I had surgery!!!! I only need 300 points though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I got 79 in higher English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 meanoiX

onli got 2 bak so far economics H A2 and Maths H A2 and my course is onli 450. Im delira wit me staighre!! lol Im takin this easter break off to celebrate go on d lash or somethin:D oh no wait orals feckin bastards. Theyd wreck ur head. POINTLESS!! mais c'est la vie

nerdysal wrote: »
    WOW!!! What are you aiming for??? Oh, I've got all my results back. I got 420. I'm delighted because I missed two months of sixth year because I had surgery!!!! I only need 300 points though!

Hoping for Medicine in UCC but i've got an offer in England too so either or. U? OMG 2 months, fair play!! I don't think i'd cope!
    Now the results are rolling in so i hope to have them all back early next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Got a B3 in Higher level Accounting, that is a massive improvement for me as I only got a D3 last year, maybe it's one reason I'm repeating!
    Got my Ordinary level Irish back and am bitterly dissappointed, needless to say it was ridiculously hard. I got a B3 which is a measly 35 points.
    So far have only 170 points outta three subjects so far and I need around 380.

Hoping for Medicine in UCC but i've got an offer in England too so either or. U? OMG 2 months, fair play!! I don't think i'd cope!
    Now the results are rolling in so i hope to have them all back early next week. :D
    To be honest I don't know how I coped!!! I did alot of work in 5th year because I was worried that something like this would happen. And also I think I've realised that my health is more important and If I get stressed out I could end up back in hospital. The mocks gave me such a good boost though!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Wahey! Got my Maths paper 2 (H) back yesterday. 93% altogether. What a boost. Only 2 ppl in the year got A's, even though my friend got 95%:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Wahey! Got my Maths paper 2 (H) back yesterday. 93% altogether. What a boost. Only 2 ppl in the year got A's, even though my friend got 95%:mad:

which paper was it? DEB or examcraft?
    Well done to you anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Failed physics (35%). My best was a B3 in Business. I wasn't prepared for it. I know that.

I got 275 points. But I'm taking it seriously now. I've made out a nice study timetable, which has me doing 5 and a half hours study on Saturday, and the same on Sunday.
    Meh

12 weeks isn't a lot to sacrifice when the rest of your life counts on it.

Advertisement