Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Emma08

got 4 back hav 290 points so far so im happy! got a C3 B2 B3 N B3 so cant complain! gud luck every1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Mark200 wrote: »
    12 weeks isn't a lot to sacrifice when the rest of your life counts on it.

LOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

DEB i think. The one with the weird circle q, and a hard enuf vector q.
    Oh and the one that ppl freaked about when they couldnt do q1a of paper 1. Is that DEB???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tan90'

nerdysal wrote: »
    To be honest I don't know how I coped!!! I did alot of work in 5th year because I was worried that something like this would happen. And also I think I've realised that my health is more important and If I get stressed out I could end up back in hospital. The mocks gave me such a good boost though!

Ugh i'm one of those people who get really stressed out about exams even if i know i'm prepared for them. About a month before the JC i got really sick and by the end of my pre's this year i wasn't sleeping - NOT FUN!! So adament that i'm going to be alive for the LC i'm attempting to chill ;)
    "Health is more important" x2

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

Tan90' wrote: »
    Ugh i'm one of those people who get really stressed out about exams even if i know i'm prepared for them. About a month before the JC i got really sick and by the end of my pre's this year i wasn't sleeping - NOT FUN!! So adament that i'm going to be alive for the LC i'm attempting to chill ;)
    "Health is more important" x2

Lol!!! Keep that attitude and you will do even better in your exams :D

I've adopted my sisters attitude:

"Ah sure it'll be alright too"

It's her motto in life... and she's totally right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

ln-1 wrote: »
    That Irish grade scared me, I thought I'd get a different vowel.
    Hopefully Trinity just because of the MBCho. 2nd choice-UCD. Or if I change my mind and get the points England.
    Same as me! Trinity first choice then ucd! Well done in your mocks btw, very impressive... i only got 555.... :S good bit of work to do still!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Don't say you only got 555. That's a very good result and you know it. By saying things like that you're going to make other people who didn't do as well feel like ****.

Tact is a very important trait in a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

lollerskates!aye

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Don't say you only got 555. That's a very good result and you know it. By saying things like that you're going to make other people who didn't do as well feel like ****.

Tact is a very important trait in a doctor.

He wasn't saying "oh, i only got 555, cos like, usually i get 595 easily."

he meant "I only got 555, which is not enough for medicine, so i'll have to work harder"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Eegah

I got 280 overall. Ouch. I really want 400+...so time to pull up the socks after those mocks, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Maths-D2
    English-C2
    Biology-A2
    Chemistry-B2
    Geography-B3
    Irish-C1
    French-B3

Everything is higher level except for Irish I got 435 points so far im pretty happy except for maths....if i get an extra 65 points in the real thing ill be very happy..havent got LCVP back yet

Plus in the english exam I wrote about Derek Mahon by accident even though he didnt come up...my teacher said it was a deadly essay but he couldnt give me any marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Bajingo wrote: »
    Plus in the english exam I wrote about Derek Mahon by accident even though he didnt come up...my teacher said it was a deadly essay but he couldnt give me any marks

rofl! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Got my french back today. Got a C2 which isn't too bad for someone who did pass last year...

Peleus wrote: »
    He wasn't saying "oh, i only got 555, cos like, usually i get 595 easily."

he meant "I only got 555, which is not enough for medicine, so i'll have to work harder"

Exactly!!! (only, i'm a she! :D)

Bajingo wrote: »

my english teacher told us mahon was on our xmas exam. so i didnt rly bother looking over anyone else. He didn't put mahon on it for some retarded reason, so i ended up writing a page on John Donne. It was probably the worst piece of writing ever.

So when the results came back, someone had decided to write about mahon even tho it wasnt on the paper, and my teacher marked it and gave the guy an A1. While i sat in my exam trying to bull**** my way thru an essay on John Donne. he's a joke. still a good teacher tho and a nice guy.

Exactly!!! (only, i'm a she! :D)

sorry fibonacci.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 suprfantastisch

570 with French & German corrections being jokes I don't get..I still have English left to sub in..which I probably will..since I wrote a lovely answer about Iago the Moor.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

mmmkay... I got english back today right and the examiner was such a stingey arse! Must be doing a Phd in english or something because the examiner sent back a 5 page flowery and cocky essay which sent all 4, (experienced mind you) english teachers in our school running for dictionaries. He/She "bunched"the marks. there was no variation in grade throughout the class and the typical A1 student got 50%.

What really peeved me was that in all of my questions i got close to zero for mechanics, which i have never had a prob with before . My spelling is 80% perfect and my grammar is competent! wtf! Some bitter old hag..

I got 65% btw.. meh.

BUT HEY! on the upside i managed a B1 in art craftwork woop woop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Doppler

daggy wrote: »
    mmmkay... I got english back today right and the examiner was such a stingey arse! Must be doing a Phd in english or something because the examiner sent back a 5 page flowery and cocky essay which sent all 4, (experienced mind you) english teachers in our school running for dictionaries. He/She "bunched"the marks. there was no variation in grade throughout the class and the typical A1 student got 50%.

What really peeved me was that in all of my questions i got close to zero for mechanics, which i have never had a prob with before . My spelling is 80% perfect and my grammar is competent! wtf! Some bitter old hag..

I got 65% btw.. meh.

BUT HEY! on the upside i managed a B1 in art craftwork woop woop.

Yeah, that English corrector was a bit of a joke. She gave me 11 out of 20 for the unseen poetry, something which I thought I did very well. Same story for Othello and Prescribed poetry. That said, I won't complain, because my essay was so bad, I thought it would fail me. I was happy with my C2.

I've only gotten four back so far;
    English-C2
    Maths-C3
    Business-B1
    Accounting-B3

I'm waiting on Irish, Spanish and physics. I'd be disappointed if I got less that a B1 in Irish. I'm reasonably confident about Spanish, except for the aural. Physics; I'd say I'm in the same boat as most people- section A was easy but section B was fairly tough, so I don't know what to expect.
    I'm hoping for B's in physics and spanish anyway ;).

At least I've learnt that I need to pull up my socks for maths and physics. With the amount of hints we were given for maths I should have done way better.

Study starts now....well, I mean Monday....better make that Tuesday...this is not going to work :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Niamhd164

got mine back last week :mad:

English C1
    geography B2
    Home ec B3
    Irish C3
    German D2
    Accounting D3

All higher but im ragin! Thought i did way better in the mocks..... the standrd z totally different from the junior! Im just going have to knuckkle down...... if i am to be honest with myself i didnt study hard enough,just the night before!

I think i only got like 375 points. i need 465?!!! do you think im stupid to want that goal??? is it a bit ambitious?:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

No, i dont think so. If you didnt study of course you can go up.
    Did you get that weird accounting paper? What are you planning on doing in college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

English - 62%
    Gaelige(OL) - 49%
    Maths - 49%
    History - 57%
    Geography - 58%
    Business - 64%
    Japanese - 43%

Im quite happy with my results :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Japanese - 43%
    Whats Japenese like....there can't be many people doing that, is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

I was looking threw the start of these threads evryone is getting A and **** .. i was like oh **** what i am i doing wrong.. but then i saw some normal results which made me fell better:D:D:D

My result
    Irish (H) B3
    English H C2 (****)
    Biology B3
    Geography D1 (the worst paper)
    History C1 (69%) :mad:
    French C2 (failed the listening):confused::confused:

so i got 405!! would like for 465 for my course but i dont care if i dont get!! love my second choice too!! which is only 345:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Got mine back FINALLY, got Irish back like 5 weeks after we did it.. bastards.
    Got...

English 72 (B3)
    Irish 87 (A2)
    Maths 89 (A2)
    French 83 (B1)
    Physics 82 (B1)
    Applied Maths 74 (B3)
    Art History 100 (A1) (don't know HOW this happened)
    Music 80 (B1)

So not counting art, that's 510 points over all, I think, and I am rather pleased. The English was a bit annoying because they were taking marks off all over the place and didn't give any explanation for any of it, and everyone got around the same mark.. girls who killed themselves studying got similar marks to those who didn't open a book, that sort of thing. I got almost the same mark on my Othello, which was a rushed piece of crap, as on my comparative, which I was proud of. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

Got mine back FINALLY, got Irish back like 5 weeks after we did it.. bastards.
    Got...

English 72 (B3)
    Irish 87 (A2)
    Maths 89 (A2)
    French 83 (B1)
    Physics 82 (B1)
    Applied Maths 74 (B3)
    Art History 100 (A1) (don't know HOW this happened)
    Music 80 (B1)

So not counting art, that's 510 points over all, I think, and I am rather pleased. The English was a bit annoying because they were taking marks off all over the place and didn't give any explanation for any of it, and everyone got around the same mark.. girls who killed themselves studying got similar marks to those who didn't open a book, that sort of thing. I got almost the same mark on my Othello, which was a rushed piece of crap, as on my comparative, which I was proud of. Ah well.

god ur brainy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

my home ec paper wasnt corrected prop at all, dunno what the point in paying €85 was if they cant even br corrected prop....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Some really amazing mock results here tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Some really amazing mock results here tbh.

Exactly, some of you really went out of your way for the mocks, fair play tbh, although, i hope ye don't burn out before the real thing...

• Advertisement

sd123 wrote: »
    Exactly, some of you really went out of your way for the mocks, fair play tbh, although, i hope ye don't burn out before the real thing...

I don't know about the others, but... i don't intend to! :D

Advertisement