Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

lollerskates...i had the most embarrassing oral of my life today. i think i grunted and waved my arms more than anything. French. it was my mock oral, scared the giblets outta me but woop woop i managed to swing 90% ! Where is the justice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

daggy wrote: »
    lollerskates...i had the most embarrassing oral of my life today. i think i grunted and waved my arms more than anything. French. it was my mock oral, scared the giblets outta me but woop woop i managed to swing 90% ! Where is the justice?

Brilliant, got the first laugh out of me all day! :D

Brilliant, got the first laugh out of me all day! :D

Lol ok but what did you find funny!? Seriously though there is no justice because i did close to nowt to prepare for it and some ppl i know really tried and failed it .

daggy wrote: »
    Lol ok but what did you find funny!? Seriously though there is no justice because i did close to nowt to prepare for it and some ppl i know really tried and failed it .

The fact that you got 90% for doing nothing wasn't funny (well done btw!!) just the way ya said it was fantastic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

blue-army wrote: »
    Whats Japenese like....there can't be many people doing that, is there?

I love it anyway. Theres only 8 in my class which helps. We (6th years were the first in our school to do it.) Theres also a fifth year class now doing it too (about 25 of them). In Ireland I think theres only about 800-1000 doing it....

Its a short course (2 year) so you only need to know so much. From now till june we'll just be revising cause we've finished the course.

Its a great language, and not half as diffucult as you'd think. Id be hoping for a B in the LC

Jaa mata! ;)

• Advertisement

The fact that you got 90% for doing nothing wasn't funny (well done btw!!) just the way ya said it was fantastic! :D

Ha ok then, fair enough mate. Thanks for that! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ancientdog

i didnt study anything for my mocks and done ok, even though i didnt study....so if anybody didnt study and still just passed their subjects...just think if u study for the leving cert u will pass everything...so easy peasy....any body get an a or b in art higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

English - B3
    Irish - B2
    Maths - D3
    French - B1
    Accounting - C2
    Physics - B3
    Construction - C1

I'm fairly happy, since my course last year was 450. I really wanna break the 500 mark.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

440 points

most notable is an A2 in English
    and a D1 in Art
    the D1 for how low it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

English A2
    French A2
    Irish B1
    History A2
    Chemistry B2
    Business C2
    Maths C3

500 overall, pleased with everything except Business cos it was marked ridiculously hard, got zero for some ratio questions which were clearly completely right, and got random marks taken off from other sections for no reason! Grrr...

Happy with Maths cos I didn't open a book for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Diarmsquid wrote: »

English - B3
    Irish - B2
    Maths - D3
    French - B1
    Accounting - C2
    Physics - B3
    Construction - C1

I'm fairly happy, since my course last year was 450. I really wanna break the 500 mark.:cool:

hmm. same as me. I wanna do Engineering in TCD [450]. but i wanna break 500 cos my brothers got 495 and 500, so i'm aiming for 505.(just to annoy them). I got 485 in my christmas tests which is good considering i got 55 in english when i would usually get 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Maths: 74%
    Chemistry: 86%
    Biology: 91%
    Physics: 71%
    Spanish: 92%

And the correctors are still taking their sweet time with the Irish and English papers...hopefully we'll have them back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Anyone have Computer Science in D.I.T as their 1st Choice?

So we have to aim for a certain amount of points to decide our future college course.
    Average College course is obviously at the 300 mark.

The fact that I saw(back in November) that Computer Science in D.I.T went down from 250 to 210 on second round last year, made me feel like, "god i need little effort for this leaving, its only 250 points". Plus i want to go down the Computers road!

I've been so lazy and haven't put enough work in even for the 250 mark, and I know i'm well capable! When it came to the mocks, "pfft, its only the mocks"

yes i do regret it, not using them as a test to see where my weak points are.
    e.g in irish(honours) i didn't do the essay. :rolleyes:
    I know 100 marks down the drain. It was because i had the attitude of "I have loads of time until the L.C."

Anyway, I did really bad in the mocks
    (failed pass maths, C3 is required for this course) as i didn't try and use them to my benefit.

How many points has anyone heard someone bring up from Mocks to the L.C.
    One lad i know said to me he brought his points up by 100 and got his choice.

I feel also that the french Oral might bring me down, I got 75% in the mocks with no oral.? :rolleyes:

My main Question:
    Is der any1 out there that has seen a course of their interest requiring LOW points and has underestimated the work involved? I know I have and Have had my head buried in my books ever since I found that out :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

English- 88
    Irish- 88
    Maths-86
    Spanish-80
    Business-82
    History-81
    Economics-81
    Music-69 (Bleh)

Aside from music, i was happy enough. Did anyone else get that awful backing chords? I found it strange, I felt I had neglected Spanish, business and economics yet everthing turned out about the same. Dont know what that says about me. Would be hoping to go up about 10 per cent in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Emma08

great results wat u hopin 2 do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

English-A2
    French-A1
    Chemistry-A2
    Applied Maths-A1
    Accounting-A1
    Maths (just Paper2)-B2

Haven't got back Irish or Physics yet. Or Maths Paper 1.
    Im happy with all except Maths. I know thats not a bad mark but Maths is actually my best subject so I really want the A1 :rolleyes: I found Paper 1 much easier though so hopefully that'll bring me up a bit.

Anyway that's 560 points so far. I need about 540 so yay :)
    In all honesty though I didn't think the mocks were very hard, with the exception of Maths P2 and Physics.

Can't wait to just finish the real thing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

English-A2
    French-A1
    Chemistry-A2
    Applied Maths-A1
    Accounting-A1
    Maths (just Paper2)-B2

A1 in French? Well done, how'd you manage that? Especially with the listening!

Norton

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Anyone here do applied maths??>>>
    What kinda results you get??
    I havent got mine back yet...:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:-look its pacman!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I do it, Got a D :o

I will improve a lot for the real thing though...

• Advertisement

yes you will!

Go Pacman!!
    > :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ck1989

I did better than I expected considering I only studied the night before the test (thats not bull**** by the way, i really AM that much of a procrastinator :()

Got:
    B2 in English
    A2 in French
    C1 in Biology

That's all I've gotten back so far, examiners didnt get them back before easter so still have to find out how physics, history and maths went. (Not counting Irish -we only did paper 1 and listening in the mocks -how useless is that?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

going to an all girl school........and theres only 2 girls doing honours maths. I passed....barely (42%) And she failed (22%). How crazy is that??!

By the way, anyone out there thinking of CIT, Especially multimedia??! :)

going to an all girl school........and theres only 2 girls doing honours maths. I passed....barely (42%) And she failed (22%). How crazy is that??!

By the way, anyone out there thinking of CIT, Especially multimedia??! :)

:eek:Ya know, that really brings up the whole issue of guys being more mathematical than girls....

And that really really really annoys me.... :mad:

I was recently at a "Team Math" competition thing in Cork, and there was 15 teams of 4, i was the only girl on my team, and there was only two teams with all girls which really shocked me... It was again like the whole stereotypical image! GRRR.... I love maths (hence the name) and next to it chemistry's my best subject, and I'm so tired of hearing how there such "guy things".

Sorry, got a bit into it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

How many are there in your year? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wow. I'n im an all girls school too and we have a pretty full up Honours Maths class, same with last year. We had between 4-7 A's in the Maths last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

:eek:Ya know, that really brings up the whole issue of guys being more mathematical than girls....

And that really really really annoys me.... :mad:

I was recently at a "Team Math" competition thing in Cork, and there was 15 teams of 4, i was the only girl on my team, and there was only two teams with all girls which really shocked me... It was again like the whole stereotypical image! GRRR.... I love maths (hence the name) and next to it chemistry's my best subject, and I'm so tired of hearing how there such "guy things".

Sorry, got a bit into it! :rolleyes:

thats just the way it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

You think that's bad? There's about 100 people in my year and not one person is doing higher level maths.I was up until this year in a class of seven but we all dropped down.Out of that 100 people, 3 people passed ordinary level, everyone else failed with most getting under 20%!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

440 points! *cries*

Not what I want from the actual thing (aiming to break the 500 mark), so I guess tá a lán obair le dheanamh..

Irish - C3
    English - B3
    Maths - B3 (Ord.)
    French - B3
    Geography - B2
    Biology - B2
    Business - C1 (Outraged XD!)

Mad with all of them I guess, except Irish. I'm happy with passing it; just hoping to get an honour so I don't have to count dirty maths! :P Business was a bit of a shock, must have a go at my teacher when I see him next..

I'm pretty ticked off that I didn't get any As. I'm not going to say it's due to hard marking, maybe just I didn't work hard enough? But things will change..My Mam said she was actually shocked I got so high, considering the lack of effort I put in X_x

congratz! to everyone who done so well!

btw: 30 students studied for Honours maths in my year for 5th year (myself included). Now there's only like 10? All I can say is, dropping down was the best decision ever. :P

• Advertisement

JC06 wrote: »
    You think that's bad? There's about 100 people in my year and not one person is doing higher level maths.I was up until this year in a class of seven but we all dropped down.Out of that 100 people, 3 people passed ordinary level, everyone else failed with most getting under 20%!!!:eek:

:eek:

golly.

Advertisement