Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameissarah

So far I've only gotten History back with an A1, and I know I got 90% in my mock Irish Oral and 96% in the Aural.

They were the subjects I worked for, not too confident about the others though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

:eek:Ya know, that really brings up the whole issue of guys being more mathematical than girls....

And that really really really annoys me.... :mad:

I was recently at a "Team Math" competition thing in Cork, and there was 15 teams of 4, i was the only girl on my team, and there was only two teams with all girls which really shocked me... It was again like the whole stereotypical image! GRRR.... I love maths (hence the name) and next to it chemistry's my best subject, and I'm so tired of hearing how there such "guy things".

Sorry, got a bit into it! :rolleyes:

Ah don't worry about it sweet heart. Make me a sandwich while I work on this theorem would ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

lol...that was a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ouch...That's gonna touch a few nerves!:L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

Nah, it was actually quite amusing! (presuming he wasjoking..!)

:D

but let's not make this a "my sex is better than yours" thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Guys just seem more inclined towards mathematics/science. I'm not saying they're any better at it, but it's just something I've noticed.. In the maths olympi'd currently there's 3 girls in a group of about 15.. I was doing physics olympi'd there this week and there were 2 girls in 11.

There's about 3 people left in my year doing higher level maths. That said, there were only 8 to begin with in fifth year... There would have been more, but a bunch of girls who had signed up for it dropped down before they even went to a single class...

Nah, it was actually quite amusing! (presuming he wasjoking..!)/QUOTE]

I was indeed joking, I'm glad you took it well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The Walsho wrote: »
    A1 in French? Well done, how'd you manage that? Especially with the listening!

Well I actually found the listening pretty ok. Like compared to some exam years...I have to say that I find the listening part of French the hardest but this time I could actually do it :rolleyes: The only bit I got wrong was in the last section...I only got 5 out of 20 there.
    I thought the rest of the paper was pretty ok though. Oh except the stingy examiner decucted marks in my written pieces because I didn't write as a girl :mad: You know how it's easier to write as a boy and all that (don't need to worry about those damn extra "e"s) but that doesn't really matter because at least in the actual thing I'm only a number =)

And regarding the honours maths thing...I go to an all-girls school and we started with about 30 in the class in 5th year but now we're down to about 12 I think. 2 people failed the mock (well, paper 2 anyway).

Maths is my favourite subject too. Followed by Chemistry, Applied Maths and Physics. I'm quite sick of being told that I have a "male brain" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

Maths is my favourite subject too. Followed by Chemistry, Applied Maths and Physics. I'm quite sick of being told that I have a "male brain" :p

Exactly!!:D

Well done in french btw!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

going to an all girl school........and theres only 2 girls doing honours maths. I passed....barely (42%) And she failed (22%). How crazy is that??!

I know this is OT, but I find that shocking and very disappointing.
    Even in 'my day', almost 30 years ago, in an all girls school we had a full class (20 out of a year group of 153) doing and getting Honours Maths.
    Apologies to the mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

is any else one shocked with all these amazing results on here... i got 405 which in my school was pretty good.. evreyone is getting A's and B's .. whats with that??? :o well done to you all.. ha

crazy crazy crazy... i got an 89% in irish, where is the justice?....really didn't deserve it.
    Plus, all of you people have been blessed with brains.. the results on here are pretty disheartening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Steveo12345youg

hey folks i am waitin ages for my results it is quite annoying
    i got two back C2 irish and C2 maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭WECpoker

The Walsho wrote: »
    Ah don't worry about it sweet heart. Make me a sandwich while I work on this theorem would ya?

I was waiting for the fireworks to start...... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Got some of mine back today, A2 in Physics, B1 in German, B2 in Maths and a C1 in Geography. Geography was marked horribly stingy though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I love maths (hence the name) and next to it chemistry's my best subject, and I'm so tired of hearing how there such "guy things".

A girl..good at maths? Uh-Oh..

She's a witch! :P

Though I have to say I've never considered Chemistry a "guy thing". There's plenty of girls in our class and our teacher is a woman. My sister also happens to be Chemical Engineering so I never really saw any association.

Now Physics, that's the man science! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

According to the SEC figures for 2007, there were 3322 females and 2407 males who did chemistry higher level. Thats a big gap.

Davidius wrote: »

That does seem quite true, one physics class in my year, all lads!

tis true... there's one physics class in my school and I am the only girl :( it sucks. On that topic, got my mock back and good god it was diabolical! 52%... a lot of the guys failed it.

Music back too, 77% with no practical. 78in listening, 76 in compositional. Completely gobsmacked with it.. as was my teacher.

Looking at 465 points from the mocks, but i need at least 520. not possible im thinking..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

420 points, need 410 for college so I'm happy :)
    Narrowly missed out on an a in biology which was annoying :p
    Physics was a joke, d1. Best in the class was c3, 4 people passed in the class. Our teacher sayed theyr the best mock results shes gotten back in years....

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I got my Physics results back today. I think i got the best in my class. I still only got a B3 (73%). Im really pissed off cos i really want an A1 in physics. we hadnt done particle physics and we had only started the Atom/radioactivity. so i should be able to bring those marks up. Do you think its possible for me to get an A1 with that mark in the mock? because usually i've been getting A2s and i have a very good teacher, so maybe they just marked them hard. Anyone else have this experience with the Examcraft mock. and dyou reckon i can still get my A1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Maths (OL) C1
    English B3
    Irish (OL) B1
    French B3
    Accounting D3
    Geography C1

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

English-B2(H)
    Irish-B3(O) -Really disappointed, it was a nasty aural though. Got a B1 last year so I hope to get back up there again,.
    French-C2(H)
    Accounting-B3(H)
    History-C2(H)
    Boilogy-C3(H) We are doing another mock so I'm going to take the average of the two but that's what I got in the first one.

That equals 380! Was aiming for 375 to be on the safe side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wonder101

the mocks mean little in reality, i got 235 on them and 460 in the real thing. most students know exactly whats comming up and copinging is widespread, dont worry you have 9 weeks, work hard!:) best of luck dudes;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eoinalmighty

Maths - B1 - disappointin want an A1 im a mathlete for gods sake
    English- B1 - Surprisingly excellent
    Irish - C? - not countin
    French B1 - want A1
    Chem - B1 - Want A1 must get A1s in sciences!
    Physics - A1
    History - A1 - a 41% improvement on my last exam!

I really want 600 even if its just 4 my ego

Davidius wrote: »

See that's exactly what everyone seems to think. I go to an all girls school and we have the biggest Physics class they've had in years a grand total of...8!, in fact in recent years they haven't had a class at all! No one wanted to do it...
    Yet in the boy's school nearby it's the total opposite story. They have a full physics class at the moment and always do.

You'd think we would have kind of moved away from the stereotypical male and female subjects by now...
    I want more boys to do Home Ec ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I want more boys to do Home Ec ;)

Eh..a man? Cook? Not bliddy likely!:D

On a different note, the home ec classes in my school is jammers and it's an all boys school. Everyone sees it as an easy a.

Eh..a man? Cook? Not bliddy likely!:D

On a different note, the home ec classes in my school is jammers and it's an all boys school. Everyone sees it as an easy a.

Seriously? Wow, I totally didn't even think there would be enough demand to teach Home Ec in an all boys school. My brother did it for Junior Cert - he's in a mixed school and was the only boy in his class. He hated the subject his sewing project involved ironing a transfer onto a cushion... but loved the class...all those girls "looking after" him I'm sure ;)

Anyway that was a bit beside the point.
    What I meant to ask was how did the boys get on in their mocks in Home Ec? Did their hopes for an "easy a" work out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tan90'

The results are finally in - They took frickin AAaAges!! :confused:

Anyhooo.....

English - 94% ......Utter fluke
    Gaeilge - 96%
    Chemistry - 93%
    Biology - 97%
    Home Ec - 91%
    Maths - 90%
    French - 87%

Zero cheating.......

I was sooo pleased just wish i could swap them for the real thing!!!! I'm not taking much notice though because its only the mocks and it could really go either way in June. Fingers crossed!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Tan90' thank you for depressing everyone.
    I beat you in maths(93%).....that is all:(:(
    100% applied maths
    98%business

defo delighted, but how could 87% be ur worst result. Scary.
    congrats

Advertisement