Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My temp fix for connection issues

• 26-02-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

I had left this for a while but came back to it last night as I was dying to play some MP.

I kept getting the 'Notice: Server disconnected' after the map loaded.

Re-installed everything and patched to 1.5, but same problem.

So, more by accident than anything else, after I dumped out of a server, I just clicked on it again in the browser, and it reloaded, but this time it loaded much faster and I got into the game. I presume the faster load time on the second try was because some stuff was already loaded from the first go.
    So my question is, do servers have a time limit from when you connect to when you should be all loaded up and in the game?

Is there anything I can do on my side. I guessing more ram will make it load faster, but are there any other 'timer' settings on my side I can change.

Basically, for every map change, I have to load twice!!. major pain!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Just type "/reconnect" in the console, alot faster then looking for it in the browser again. I have a sh1te pc and have the same problem now and again(seemed to have decreased lately). Set all settings to low, or buy a better pc.

Advertisement